cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Bcp CLI 2x

Highlighted
Established Member

Amex Bcp CLI 2x

App'd for Amex Bcp a couple of months ago and marginally got approved for 1k. Asked for a CLI 61 days later and only got 2x CLI even though I asked for 3x. I understand 3x isn't guaranteed but I was wondering what are some of the reasons? And if I request another CLI 6 months later should I go for 2x or 3x? I also tried to ask for a CLI when I activated the card but was denied. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Bcp CLI 2x

@Aset wrote:

App'd for Amex Bcp a couple of months ago and marginally got approved for 1k. Asked for a CLI 61 days later and only got 2x CLI even though I asked for 3x. I understand 3x isn't guaranteed but I was wondering what are some of the reasons? And if I request another CLI 6 months later should I go for 2x or 3x? I also tried to ask for a CLI when I activated the card but was denied. 

That is your answer on the CLI. You just got in with the starting line they gave you. With proper usage, you might be able to get it to 3x on your next CLI request. Use it an pay if full.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.