Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one quicksilverone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one quicksilverone?

So I was checking out the credit sesame app, it is saying that I have a good approval odds for the cap one quicksilverone card. Is this a secured card and should I even bother with it? My vantage 3.0 scores are 601 on all three and will be joining the ultimate 3B from myfico today.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one quicksilverone?

QS1 is not a secured card.  Credit Sesame is NOT trustworthy with recommendations as they make money whenever you click to apply.

Go to Capital One's website directly by typing the domain name into your browser and go to their prequalification page.  

Message 2 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Let us know your FICO scores before applying. It's hard to get a decent picture of your "credit-worthiness" based on VantageScores.

Regarding the card itself, QuicksilverOne isn't secured. While it offers rewards, the problem is the annual fee. People don't find it easy to upgrade this card to a full no-fee Quicksliver. On the other hand, Capital One's Platinum card doesn't offer rewards, but it doesn't have a fee. And people find it relatively easy to upgrade it to a nice Quicksilver card after some time passes. Approval requirements for the Platinum and QuicksilverOne are similar. I'd recommend the Platinum because it'll be easier to upgrade later on.

Do you have any other cards right now?

Message 3 of 9
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I was checking out the credit sesame app, it is saying that I have a good approval odds for the cap one quicksilverone card. Is this a secured card and should I even bother with it? My vantage 3.0 scores are 601 on all three and will be joining the ultimate 3B from myfico today.

Definately check your actual fico scores first before you apply for anything since you say you are joining myfico today anyway. Then you can check the credit pulls database to see if your scores are generally accepted by the creditor so you don't waste a hard pull. In general though, Cap1 gives the QS1 to just about everyone. I got mine with scores just under 600.

Message 4 of 9
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Let us know your FICO scores before applying. It's hard to get a decent picture of your "credit-worthiness" based on VantageScores.

Regarding the card itself, QuicksilverOne isn't secured. While it offers rewards, the problem is the annual fee. People don't find it easy to upgrade this card to a full no-fee Quicksliver. On the other hand, Capital One's Platinum card doesn't offer rewards, but it doesn't have a fee. And people find it relatively easy to upgrade it to a nice Quicksilver card after some time passes. Approval requirements for the Platinum and QuicksilverOne are similar. I'd recommend the Platinum because it'll be easier to upgrade later on.

Do you have any other cards right now?

Good advice. I have a QS1 that I tried to upgrade today and was denied. My fico scores are all over 700. CAP1 has gotten stingy with upgrading the QS1. I'll eventually just apply for a QS or Venture and close the QS1

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check this link and see if there are any prequalified offers.  If so, chances of an approval are very good.  If none appear, chances of an approval not so good.

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_ONE_V01.aspx

Message 6 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@PrinceCorwin Don't close the QS1 if you get a QS or Venture, combine the cards.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got done signing up and my scores are experian 554 trans union 557 and eqiufax is 558. I just got the secured cap one card and I did not pre approve at the time. Thank you all for your help.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I had both cap platinum and qs1. Upgraded my platinum to qs and combined my qs1 and my qs.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.