Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Fly Now Pay Later

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Amex Delta Fly Now Pay Later

@CreditCuriosity began a thread about this over a year ago, prior to me having the card.

I just got the email invitation from American Express that this was available for me.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 8.35.19 PM.png

To answer some of the questions in that thread:

"Eligibility factors include but are not limited to how long you have been a Delta SkyMiles Card Member and Card activity. If you are eligible to access Fly Now, Earn Later, the maximum number of miles you can be advanced is based on several factors including Card activity. You may have only one (1) Fly Now, Earn Later Balance outstanding at any time."

So yes, it seems to be an invitation thing based on how long you've had the card which is why it wasn't showing for some posters.  My limit was only 5,000 SkyMiles which is perfectly reasonable since my year-to-date spending on this card is exactly $0.  (No reason to use card for charges since welcome offer spending last year.)

It could be a useful feature if you were really close to an award or one of the quite common SkyMiles sales hit (like 3x,000 r/t to London), but of course very expensive (at 2.5 cents per point) if you don't do the required spend in 6 months to pay it back.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Delta Fly Now Pay Later

Just checked DW's account and she also has the offer, only for 5,000.  Not sure if she got an email invite or not.  Her spending is also $0 after welcome offer earned last year.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 9.21.07 PM.png

The email gave examples of 5k, 15k, and 30k with average spending over 6 months.

Message 2 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

My fiancé had the invite on her account since her 5th month but I have yet to get an invite and it’s been almost a year since I’ve had my card.

Neither of us have spent much on the card after the SUB. I do spend quite a bit on Amex cards in general though while that was her only card before she closed it a couple days ago.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
My fiancé had the invite on her account since her 5th month but I have yet to get an invite and it’s been almost a year since I’ve had my card.

Neither of us have spent much on the card after the SUB. I do spend quite a bit on Amex cards in general though while that was her only card before she closed it a couple days ago.

That's actually an interesting thing I probably should have noted.  I rarely shut up about SPG so I always assume it's a given that I put a lot of spend through Amex.  There have likely been only a handful of months over at least the past decade where Amex didn't get at least $5k in spend from me each month, so total Amex spend doesn't seem to factor in, and the wording I copied above does say the maximum amount is based on "Card activity."

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not seeing it on my account, oh well 🤷🏽‍♀️. 

Edit: Nevermind, got it. 

Message 5 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous it’s not in the Benefits tab for you? When did you get your card? DW and I were 10 months ago.
Message 6 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats not a bad little gig there!
Message 7 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I found hers in the Amex Offers section when logged in on a computer. Never showed under benefits for her

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll go look! 

PS I’m now suffering from the same flight illness as DD. I have a C+ trip in

February......and I don’t WANT it 😂

EDIT: I have it. 

Message 9 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Shadowfactor do you happen to recall what her maximum was?

@Anonymous care to share your max?

And sorry to hear you caught DD’s illness. For those not in the know, we recently flew 4 segments and my daughter was quite disappointed that we didn’t have Delta One lie-flat seats and had to sit in Comfort+ (first row with ridiculous amount of legroom) 💺. This long, unbearable itinerary? BOS-LGA-ORD and ORD-DTW-BOS. Not always easy to explain to a child that Delta One does not exist on 43 minute flights. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.