Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold AF posting?

tag
jcooks
Established Contributor

Amex Gold AF posting?

I opened my Amex Gold March 16, 2021.  I have been checking today often for my AF to post so I can reach out to them to try to get a retention offer.  It hasn't posted yet.  Will it post 1 year and 1 day after opening or will it post after 12 cycles?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Gold AF posting?

The following statement after 1 year

Message 2 of 6
jcooks
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Welps, another more month for me then.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not necessarily.

I've had several AF cards post the AF right on the statement date (shortly a few days) when the account was created -- for those CCs where the AF was waived the first year.

@jcooks- when does your statements typically cycle?

Message 4 of 6
jcooks
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Not necessarily.

I've had several AF cards post the AF right on the statement date (shortly a few days) when the account was created -- for those CCs where the AF was waived the first year.

The statement just closed 3/16.  Account opened 3/16/21 and my first AF was 4/16/21.

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jcooks wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Not necessarily.

The statement just closed 3/16.  Account opened 3/16/21 and my first AF was 4/16/21.

Ok, based on what you just shared, if your first AF was charged on 4/16, then your April statement will have the fee. It posts when the cycle generates (which is typically variable as far as AmEX cycle dates go).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.