Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing interesting stories about thier experience with the Oasis program. Did your relationship with AMEX change when the economy tanked?

Thanks in advance.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

@BBYGRL wrote:

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing interesting stories about thier experience with the Oasis program. Did your relationship with AMEX change when the economy tanked?

Thanks in advance.

Good question!

I'd also be interested in hearing if Oasis program cardholders experienced any of the AA that started with the current economic situation.

Message 2 of 118
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

I wish people who DON'T owe money to Amex could be let back in too Smiley Sad

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilding101 wrote:

I wish people who DON'T owe money to Amex could be let back in too Smiley Sad

I'm confused.  Why would people who don't owe AmEx be blacklisted?

Message 4 of 118
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Good Question:   Are people who American Express dropped with accounts in good standing blacklisted?

They dropped me when I got behind on other cards, but I was not behind with them.   Many others have reported getting dropped with no negatives.

Message 5 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

Good Question:   Are people who American Express dropped with accounts in good standing blacklisted?

They dropped me when I got behind on other cards, but I was not behind with them.   Many others have reported getting dropped with no negatives.

My understanding is that AmEx only blacklists for life two categories of people:

1.  Those who they believe have committed fraud; and / or

2.  Those who have caused AmEx a financial loss (i.e. BK or Chargeoff).

I believe -- but am not sure -- that those whose accounts were closed but ended up paying AmEx the entire debt may not be approved by AmEx for further credit for some period of time, but not for life.

Message 6 of 118
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I guess there is hope for those of us who were dropped with accounts in good standing.   

I might apply when my credit improves.

Message 7 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

I guess there is hope for those of us who were dropped with accounts in good standing.   

You can always get a bank-issued AmEx like those issued by USAA, BOA, Citibank or even PenFed.

Message 8 of 118
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

You can always get a bank-issued AmEx like those issued by USAA, BOA, Citibank or even PenFed.

I don't care that much about the AMEX network.    I really only want the "member since 1989"  back.   

Message 9 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

I don't care that much about the AMEX network.    I really only want the "member since 1989"  back.   

Smart move. 

Message 10 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.