Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-Qualified Credit Card Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre-Qualified Credit Card Offers

So I go on Amex.com and log in to look for any pre-qualified card offers might be there for me.  All I see is a sceen with three cards (one of which is my card and is labled as "your card"...see pics below.  This doesn't look like pre-qualified cards to me.  Just looks like the main cards screen on the web site.  Am I wrong and I'm prequalified for the Ascend and SPG cards? 

Thanks!

IMG_6278.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pre-Qualified Credit Card Offers

Click on "Apply Now" and see what it says. If it says "expanding your membership is easy" you're not pre-qualified. If it says "you're pre-qualified" than obviously, you're pre-qualified
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought it would have said that on the site.  Anyway it says "expand your membership"...so no go.  Thx!  Was more curious than anything.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got the Amex Gold and I tried to do the same thing to see my pre-qualified options and I didn't have any. it says "expands your membership". I probably don't have any yet (through my account) because I am new to Amex (less than 1 month) but I curious, haha!

Message 4 of 16
charp150
Valued Member

The ‘’your card” is AMEX marketing to get you to add an additional user. I always get it despite having preapprovals for other cards. I’ve app’d for two cards with “Expanding your membership is easy...” being displayed and was approved for both. So it doesn’t necessarily foreshadow a decline. I’ve never been able to figure out the logic but I’ve assumed it had to do with a fraud alert on my EX. Hard pulls for the approvals though.  

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Never seen a preapproved in my life so anytime one sees an Amex they want never let that hold you back.
Message 6 of 16
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

If you have existing AMEX cards and they're willing to offer you more, you'll get a "You're Pre-Approved" message when you click on "Apply Now".

If you accept their offer, it will be a SP rather than an HP.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with AJC - never once saw a preapproval for AmEx, even two minutes before I applied for and was approved for the two in my sig. they’re nothing special compared to the rest of the AmEx lineup but I got them despite “we couldn’t locate any card offers for you”.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont they normally give us a single apr insted of an range when saying pre approved?

Capture.PNG

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

If you have existing AMEX cards and they're willing to offer you more, you'll get a "You're Pre-Approved" message when you click on "Apply Now".

If you accept their offer, it will be a SP rather than an HP.

Is this true even if you use a referral link but you are in fact pre approved when checking so this way before hand?

I just checked for the new Gold card and I really want it and Im pre approved, but I want the 50k referral bonus, it would even be greater if I didnt get a hard pull.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.