Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Prequalification as a member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Prequalification as a member

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I have always had trouble finding offers once logged in. Today I logged in and my account home page has changed to the new layout. I clicked Menu in the top left, Click Cards on the left navbar and then Charge & Credit Card Offers under personal cards. 3 cards show up. BCE, Delta Skymiles with a 60k miles bonus and a Platinum with 60k MR bonus. These are the only 3 that show up. Does that mean they are solid offers? 

I have the exact same three offers if I log in like you described. I talked with a rep a week or so ago who said this is how you view "prequalified offers". I don't buy it as the BCE and Delta Gold for me have the standard APR Ranges instead of a set value.

Also the fact I was able to get to a page this morning saying "We found the following prequalified card offers for you" tells me the rep flat out didnt know what I was talking about.

Message 11 of 51
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I have always had trouble finding offers once logged in. Today I logged in and my account home page has changed to the new layout. I clicked Menu in the top left, Click Cards on the left navbar and then Charge & Credit Card Offers under personal cards. 3 cards show up. BCE, Delta Skymiles with a 60k miles bonus and a Platinum with 60k MR bonus. These are the only 3 that show up. Does that mean they are solid offers? 

I have the exact same three offers if I log in like you described. I talked with a rep a week or so ago who said this is how you view "prequalified offers". I don't buy it as the BCE and Delta Gold for me have the standard APR Ranges instead of a set value.

Also the fact I was able to get to a page this morning saying "We found the following prequalified card offers for you" tells me the rep flat out didnt know what I was talking about.

Good catch. I forgot to check the rates. I get the full spectrum too. I guess there isn't really a way to see what they are offering vs what they recommend. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 12 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just logged in the regular way without any incognito and under find offers I got the Platinum and the BCE.  I already have the Delta Gold and that was in the first column, but it gave me information about the costs and terms of adding an authorized user.  They don't look like the standard prequalified offers, just generic information to me.

Message 13 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

For clarification, I googled "american express prequal" in chrome incognito which gave me this link:

Check for Prequalified Credit Card Offers from American Express

This led me to the page where you enter name, address, last 4 of social, etc. Doing so actually gave an true offer versus the login prompt and subsequent 3 offers for Delta, Platinum, and BCE that others have mentioned.

Edit: Tested the link and it goes to the same place in both Firefox private/chrome incognito

Message 14 of 51
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For clarification, I googled "american express prequal" in chrome incognito which gave me this link:

This led me to the page where you enter name, address, last 4 of social, etc. Doing so actually gave an true offer versus the login prompt and subsequent 3 offers for Delta, Platinum, and BCE that others have mentioned.

Edit: Tested the link and it goes to the same place in both Firefox private/chrome incognito

So those of us getting asked to login must not have any offers. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So those of us getting asked to lgin must be have any offers. 

I'm guessing you meant "...must not have any offers."

Yes, that is my theory.

Message 16 of 51
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So those of us getting asked to lgin must be have any offers. 

I'm guessing you meant "...must not have any offers."

Yes, that is my theory.

Ugh.. yeah I am at work and our client machines are on 4-hop VPN and are really slow. I out type the connection and sometimes letters and words get skipped. The pains of working on City government hardware…sigh. Oh well. I fixed the post. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 17 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured I would try too. I got offers with solid APR for the ED, BCE, and the Green Card. I already have the BCE and ED so that's unhelpful Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured I would try too. I got offers with solid APR for the ED, BCE, and the Green Card. I already have the BCE and ED so that's unhelpful Smiley Happy

Exact same 3 that I get.

On a totally OT sidenote, I always wondered if the smc in your user name stood for what I thought and now your avatar means that I was correct and that we have some place in common

Message 19 of 51
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I have tried the prequal thing with Amex countless times and I never get an offer for anything. Just the standard featured cards after I log in. But I do get tons of mailers for their charge cards (Platinum and PRG). You would think if one gets a mailer then a prequal check should also show the same offers. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.