Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Questions-

tag
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Amex Questions-

1) is there any income medium for Amex Gold Premier Rewards card?

2) I was approved for the ZYNC on September 19th (being preapproved for the Green and Gold), generated my first statement on October 12th,and paid my first outstanding balance of $1,059 yesterday. When can I app again for their higher charge rewards card? Don't you have to wait like 30 days between apps?

Thanks
Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Questions-

Also, is it true that you always have a Amex account, any app denial will not be a HP?
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.

Message 2 of 5
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I believe you have to wait 30 days between apps. I would wait at least until you pay your second bill at least. And yes, it is true that for existing cardmembers, a denial is always just a SP. If you get approved, they do a HP just to double check. Just make sure you apply while logged in to your account!

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It's 30 days if you're denied (application will be automatically cancelled); however, for approvals there's no such requirement.   I'd probably wait the extra month anyway as scientifics suggests; however, there was another thread yesterday which discussed the spend requirements to really make the PRG worthwhile; I probably need to go napkin math it out at some point as I was frankly shocked by the findings but I'd suggest taking a look at it.

Edit: for reference and so I don't lose it (memory failing these days), all credit to Cdnewmanpac and CreditScholar: here

        
Message 4 of 5
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. Yea, I think after doing the math in my annual spending habits, the PRG is just not worth it. I am not going to spend at least 30K in a year to make he PRG worthwhile. Thanks for the link Revelate!

Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.