Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Soft Pulling EXP

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex Soft Pulling EXP

So finally got my EXP report in the mail... and boy oh boy has Amex been SP'ing me.... they did not SP TU or EQ.... but they've SP'ed Exp about five or so times since account opening on Oct 1st. I also noticed that they SP'ed me once about two weeks before I actually applied and was approved for my BCE.... maybe that means they were planning to offer me credit anyway??

I also noticed that the SP entry says "Amex CIC".. and I know in the insurance business that CIC means Certified Insurance Counselor.. so perhaps the people making account review decisions are Insurance professionals?? Ahh, how I love insurance and Risk Mgmt!

HMMM.. either way... my util is actually a percent or two lower since my Discover with a $1k bal hasn't report yet and likely won't til my 61 day 3xcli for Amex becomes due!! haha!! I also received $12,000 in CLIs this month, but that likely won't report til after the 3xcli 61day mark either!

haha.. if Amex wants to play dirty, so can I ;-)

They want to watch me, then I will watch them watching me  ;-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Soft Pulling EXP

Nothing out of ordinary. They are just being good businessman and watching their new accounts. I opened my accounts in Sept and they SP me on 10/8 and10/18. Nothing since then. I'm actually waiting for them to SP me so I can request my 61 day CLI. I can't do it until then as my Oct report had high UTIL that has since been PIF.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

How does one find out if AMEX has been Soft Pulling them? I would like a full report myself.

Amex's SP's and FR is just the way they handle their business (I honestly can't blame them).

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 3 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Order your EX full report. There are other ways and services that give them. Can't remember the full list.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 4 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

"AMEX CIC" is what it says if you have the credit secure thing subscription with them. Do you?

Message 5 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh.. I do actually... so then is that not them pulling my report? lol

I had a few SP's that were just "Amex" without the CIC thing....

You have to order your full report from Exp.  If you've been denied credit based on an Exp Report or need to dispute anything, you can get it for free...

I always get reports for free LOL.. there is always some way to get it for free thanks to the CARD Act :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 8
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Www.annualcreditreport.com

You can get your report from each of the 3 major bureaus once annually for free. It does not include a score.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 8
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

No big deal. They can soft pull you to their heart's content, you are the only one who sees them anyway.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.