Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync

tag
monicar2009
New Contributor

Re: Amex Zync

When did you apply? I thought the credit card act gave "protection" to the youngsters. Have to provide paystubs if you are younger than 21. When did you apply?

Edit: I apologize,  the question before was directed towards the people who were posting. Most of them said they were younger than 20.

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@monicar2009 wrote:

When did you apply? I thought the credit card act gave "protection" to the youngsters. Have to provide paystubs if you are younger than 21. When did you apply?

Edit: I apologize,  the question before was directed towards the people who were posting. Most of them said they were younger than 20.

The credit card act requires those under 21 to provide proof of income. However, 'proof of income' is defined very loosely. Effectively, stating you earn x amount on the application is considered sufficient proof.

I have gotten three credit cards since the law was passed without ever having to submit pay stubs. Of course, if a credit card company required me to I would by happy to do so.

I think it is a ridiculous law in the first place (for many reasons I wont go into here), and am happy it is essentially unenforced.

Message 32 of 40
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@monicar2009 wrote:

I tried applying for AMEX Zync over the telephone but the CSR wouldn't let me because he said I was under the age of 21. The CSR told me if I wanted the Zync, then I would have to apply online. I don't know what is the difference over the phone/online but I was approved anyway when I app online.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 33 of 40
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

I just wanted to say, I just applied and got approved for Zync, I don't know what my limit will be but I can tell you that my ult is like 99% lol

And I still got approved.

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you dont mind could you elaborate your details more.  (age, number of cards, score, etc.)

Thanks

Message 35 of 40
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

Age 23, 6 cards with revolving lines ( I had an Amex Blue that they closed during the credit crunch), I have no clue what my score is but any score tracker site it's been between 630-680. Not sure how that's possible given my ult.

Three of the 6 cards I have are my oldest from summer of 2005, the other 3 were opened early 2008. I also have a student loan with Chase from early 2008 as well. What other info would you be looking for?

I decided to get the Zync because I've needed more credit while I pay down my debt but I haven't been successful opening new tradelines at all.  A few unexpected things have happened like needing books but no money for two weeks until getting paid again, etc.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info

Well im going ahead with the plan i stated above and apply around the 15th-20th of october.

Message 37 of 40
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Yes i would also like to know what your vitals were when you applied. Did you have any CO how many inquiries did you have and how long was your history at time of approval.
Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 38 of 40
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

I was to slow. LOL thanks for the quick reply.
Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 39 of 40
creditninja9000
Regular Contributor

I can definitely say I have A LOT of inq's because for the last year I've been trying to get a student loan unsuccessfully so this really surprised me when I got approved. I can say that I turned around and app'd for a blue card right away and was denied for the reasons I expected. I don't have any COs at all and I don't have any dings on my report. I've never paid a single creditor late and have only gone over my limit a few times since 2005 when all of my credit history began.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.