Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdate Question

tag
jgallego13
Established Member

Amex backdate Question

First post on here... Definitely want to thank you guys for the great information I've been able to obtain as I work towards improving my credit score. One question I have is, I just had my Amex account backdated and the respresentative shipped out a new card to me. I would like to know, when will this change be reflected on the online account portal? As soon as she made the change over the phone I checked online and saw that it still said "Member since 2011." Thanks!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex backdate Question

I'd give it 24 hours for the change to take effect.  It may get updated sooner, but give at least a day for everything to switch.

What is your new ( old ) Member Since date ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 20
jgallego13
Established Member

Ok great! My new member since date is 2004. Not that big of a difference as others on here, but I really wanted everything to match up and benefit if at all with the longer age of the acct.
Message 3 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Cool !!  Thats great, you will gain 7 years of age on this account ~ and any new cards that you open will backdate to '04 as well !!

Message 4 of 20
2NE1
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Cool !!  Thats great, you will gain 7 years of age on this account ~ and any new cards that you open will backdate to '04 as well !!

Oh! so this is what backdating means... gotcha! is AmEx the only OC that does this?

Message 5 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yes ~ AMEX is the only Company that does this, and it is one of the main reasons that many people want to get in the door with AMEX.
Message 6 of 20
jgallego13
Established Member

Success! It just changed on the online account portal!
Message 7 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That's great !   Congrats on the backdating success !   All you need to do now is decide on your next card and app in January, that card would have Jan 2004 as date opened.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

That's great !   Congrats on the backdating success !   All you need to do now is decide on your next card and app in January, that card would have Jan 2004 as date opened.  Smiley Happy

iv seen amex take 2 months to report

Message 9 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

----->  iv seen amex take 2 months to report

Yes, it can take up to 2 or 3 statement cycles to report.   But when it finally does report in March, or whenever.... it will show date opened of Jan 2004.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.