Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is Promoting Credit One...

tag
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex is Promoting Credit One...

Yeah, I have had my Credit One AMEX for a year.  It's ok.  I prefer my Cap One Visa or Navy Fed Visa as they have better rewards.  Plus Credit One ticked me off by reporting a balance I paid off 2 weeks before the due date when they reported after the due date, which dropped my scores.  Why they didn't report my zero balance perplexes me.  Since I am in the middle of a home build, I do not need my scores to be dropping.  Augghhh!

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 11 of 31
Steveo777
Contributor

Not all Credit One Amex cards are created equal, from what I understand. Prior to my last BK7, I'd had a Credit One Visa that took like 5 years to grow from $500 to $1550. There was an annual fee that was spead out over monthly payments. It seems like it was $8.75 per month. Also, every time I received a credit limit increase, there was a fee for that. After discharge of our last BK7, the wife was offered a preapproved AMEX with a $39 AF, preapproved "up to" $2000. That one went in the trash. I got a preapproved one on Experian that offered no AF, so I went for it and was approved for $1K. I earn 1.5% rewards, no monthly or AFs. I'm on statement 5, so I suspect a CLI should be offered soon and hopefully with no fee.

BK7 Discharged 08/2021 Household Income 95k
Scores: Fico9 Equifax 663 | TU 694 | Experian 628 Vantage 3.0 TU 737 | EQ 726
Cards:
Tri-CU $3k
Capital One Quicksilver One $3K
Mercury Master Card $3.3k
Upgrade Visa $10k
NFCU Visa Platinum $2000
Alphaeon Card $3600
Dell Preferred $4500
WM Mastercard $1000
Credit One AMEX $1000
Kohl's $800
Ollo Mastercard $2000
Target Red Card $1200
Cabela's Mastercard $3k
Message 12 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Piggybacking on the above comment about Credit One AmEx offers not created equal, and not that I'm going to bite, but I was really curious about their pre-qualification process.

No, I don't need (or want) a 'pink' card or a 'green' card for my collection (although their designs are not completely horrible) 😂, I selected them just to play around. So, if someone is doing a prequalification, and since the card will have the same benefits (from what I can tell), what would trigger getting the $75 AF vs the $39 AF? -- I'm assuming it's profile-specific since it mentioned "because you're not eligible for the original terms", but I wasn't aware there was a higher priced Credit One AmEx version 🤔

I'm obviously not their target demographic, but I always like to test different products just for s&g's. And, contrary to some individuals who may get these offers by accident, I'm not one to feel insulted or clutch my pearls by what lands in my mailbox (or inbox) 😁 -- they're just fun to test things.

4A08E8D4-DE26-4D00-9D43-57B35045754C.jpeg       9D289B97-B293-4818-B72D-6611737193C6.jpeg

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

@FinStar My Credit One Amex is no annual fee. Has been since I applied despite the varying annual fees they announce on the application. 

Message 14 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous514 wrote:

@FinStar My Credit One Amex is no annual fee. Has been since I applied despite the varying annual fees they announce on the application. 

Ah, interesting @Anonymous514. I wasn't aware there was one w/o an annual fee. That would be the good one to have when compared to the other 2. Is yours the same APR as the ones from my screenshot?

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Yeah 23.99% lol. I only have it till I can get a real Amex charge card again. 

Message 16 of 31
drboxing
Established Contributor

My nephew applied for the CreditOne AMEX card, was approved. 4 months later was approved for AMEX Blue cash card. Just wondering if there may be a relationship between Amex and CreditOne

Message 17 of 31
jata_roots
Valued Member

Do you have the one with no AF? Or the $39/ $75 one @TXPocohontas?

@TXPocohontas wrote:

Yeah, I have had my Credit One AMEX for a year.  It's ok.  I prefer my Cap One Visa or Navy Fed Visa as they have better rewards.  Plus Credit One ticked me off by reporting a balance I paid off 2 weeks before the due date when they reported after the due date, which dropped my scores.  Why they didn't report my zero balance perplexes me.  Since I am in the middle of a home build, I do not need my scores to be dropping.  Augghhh!

Message 18 of 31
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

@jata_roots I have the $39 AF.

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 19 of 31
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@TXPocohontas, I think you're best off not using the Credit One card at all during your home build. Just monitor the card regularly for fraud, and pay any fees as they come up. After your home is complete, I'd close both First Premier and Credit One.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.