Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex question

never given thought to that. i had an amex blue back in 2001 but had it paid in full and closed in 2011. recently opened a new amex card after 8 years with no relationship with them but my card doesnt say anything about 2001.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 11 of 20
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My apologies if this is the wrong section.

I recently applied and was approved for the delta gold Amex. I haven’t received the card yet. I went ahead and made an online account and use the app also on my phone.

Now when I go onto the app it shows my card, credit limit, etc. when I click account it shows my name and member since ‘99?!

Is that just like what is shows when you haven’t got your card yet? Or will my card come and show member since ‘99? And how is that possible?? If my card shows that will they report to cra’s as open since 1999?

I think it's your Delta Skymiles age, right? I know I've been an Alaska Airlines mileage member since I flew for the first time in 1986 and my mom signed me up.

AU

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudo I’m still waiting for my card to arrive. I’ll update what it says on the card.

@sealifer I don’t think so. First time I ever flew was in 83. Next time was 2006. And never remember signing up in between. In 99 I was too busy being young, dumb, and partying. I didn’t touch a computer until around 2004-2005.

Either way I like the idea of the card saying since 99 if it ends up that way. Even though it only has the CL of a 18 year old’s first card ever Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well got my card. Says member since ‘19 Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Canadian Amex in 2015 that I cancelled once the SUB was done.

In 2017 I got another Canadian Amex. It says member since 2017.

My American Amexes, opened in 2018 and 19, say member since 2015.

Message 15 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well got my card. Says member since ‘19 Smiley Sad

That's normal. 

When the card expires and they send you a replacement (or if you request a replacement early due to a worn/lost card) the replacement card will have a "Member Since" date that matches what you see when you login to your dashboard.

Message 16 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My apologies if this is the wrong section.

I recently applied and was approved for the delta gold Amex. I haven’t received the card yet. I went ahead and made an online account and use the app also on my phone.

Now when I go onto the app it shows my card, credit limit, etc. when I click account it shows my name and member since ‘99?!

Is that just like what is shows when you haven’t got your card yet? Or will my card come and show member since ‘99? And how is that possible?? If my card shows that will they report to cra’s as open since 1999?

It will be on the card.

But it won't be reported to the credit bureaus that way.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok sorry to bring up old thread. 

@uncleb you were right. When I got the card it said member since '19

i called last week and let them know it shows me being a member since 99 but my card says 19. Csr apologized and sent me out a new card. Now says member since 99 Smiley Happy 

don't even know why it makes me happy but it sure does. Amex has always been one of those cards I loved. To me I picture being young and seeing the gray poupon commercials and thinking that guy in the back of the rolls Royce for sure has a Amex lmao. 

the little things in life that give us joy 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people will consider this a gesture of good will towards "loyal AXP members".

In my case, even though I had an amex card for 3 years in 2004, my new gold says member since "2018". Smiley Sad Funny thing is, my AU's gold card says member since "96" (which is correct), lol. Guess the system isn't exactly perfect yet.

Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people will consider this a gesture of good will towards "loyal AXP members".

In my case, even though I had an amex card for 3 years in 2004, my new gold says member since "2018". Smiley Sad Funny thing is, my AU's gold card says member since "96" (which is correct), lol. Guess the system isn't exactly perfect yet.

Whatever 'Member Since' date is displayed on your dashboard when you login is usually printed on your cards when they are replaced/reissued. 

The only times I've ever had cards for brand-new accounts come with my correct 1995 date is when I applied for them while logged in; applying while 'incognito' or otherwise not logged in always meant the first card would have the current year.

That's been my experience, anyway.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.