Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex server is down!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex server is down!

Hey guys,

Given that Amex server is down, can’t log in can’t do anything.

Just an interesting question, what if the min payment is due today and this goes on for more than 24h, then I won’t be able to pay the min payment or the whole balance until next day, at which time the late fee will apply. Will Amex take responsibility for the late fee? I.e. waived late fee for special case.

Of course in this hypothetical situation I did have all 25 days to pay the min, but let’s say I don’t even have the $35 until now.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex server is down!

Push a payment? My credit union offers same day delivery for an extra $15, so that is cheaper than a late payment fee or derog. I'm sure Amex would make it right even if you weren't able to make a payment, but rather be safe than sorry.

Message 2 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I was just in the app a few minutes ago and encountered no issues. Logged in to the site via PC and no issue as well so it must be something sporadic impacting certain servers.

As far as the hypothetical situation, an agent can still be reached by phone to make the payment if their systems are available. Otherwise, it's doubtful AmEx systems would be down for an entire day.

I believe most payment cut-off timeframes are around 8pm MST? So, hypothetically, there's still plenty of time to make that $35 payment that you just got.
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting question. I would think one is still liable to make payment on time, regardless of their website status. By waiving late fees based on their website availability, they could set an expensive precedent for themselves.

I would check to see if there's some disclaimer about this point on their website, but as you know... its down. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too!!

Loading Error

Sorry, we are unable to load this page at this time. Please try again later.

I think amex would be understanding in this situation but don't really know anything.. 

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like some parts are down some aren’t. I guess the payment should still be able to be made over the phone. Good point! And during a time like this the phone line would be jammed!
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are always other options. 

Amex would probably be forgiving about it although they have no reason to - it’s not like people didn’t know about their bills way in advance of that day. Waiting until the very last day to pay your bill is your problem, not theirs. 

Message 7 of 28
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

App worked fine for me for making a payment.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 8 of 28
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

The app for iOS is down don’t know about android but going to the website works just fine.
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t get in with the iOS app either - it says it’s down and can’t load. Using a mobile web browser, I could log in, look at cards to apply for no problem, but when I tapped on the toggle for my cards to go to my account info, I got the same loading error message.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.