Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex settlement oasis question

tag
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Re: Amex settlement oasis question

Perhaps they have changed their policies on limit increases. I was under the impression that Amex doesn't do them for oasis. I have has my account for over a year and I finally hit the 605 mark and for me that's huge as I was at 502 for a while. I suggest you apply. I have not gotten any checks.
Message 11 of 23
mleun481

According to the press release from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, its says 'consumers who will be receiving payment will receive the payout by no later than March 15, 2013.' - which is today. 

I also thought the Optima application was also pre-approved, but nowhere did it say that and the letter that came with it says something about subject to their approval.  But, I guess I'll apply and see what happens. 

Message 12 of 23
Lightdog555
New Contributor

You have nothing to lose. When I applied I got my card and called and I had it back dated to 2000 so it really helped my age of accounts. Good luck and enjoy your Amex!
Message 13 of 23
sjt
Senior Contributor

@mleun481 wrote:

According to the press release from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, its says 'consumers who will be receiving payment will receive the payout by no later than March 15, 2013.' - which is today. 

I also thought the Optima application was also pre-approved, but nowhere did it say that and the letter that came with it says something about subject to their approval.  But, I guess I'll apply and see what happens. 

All Amex applications state that applications are subject to approval, including the Oasis Card. Generally you are approved for the Oasis product as long is there is no BK.

I think you should go for it.

Keep us posted.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 23
mleun481

Quick update - I submitted the application for the Optima 2 weeks ago (and forgot about it) and then got an email today saying I've been Approved.  Not sure what the limit will be, but I guess its a start.  

Message 15 of 23
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

I received my Optima application last month and was approved for $500.00 I asked to backdated to my original member date(2006) which they did and send me replacement cards, I checked my credit report yesterday and it actially says open date March/2006 but it don't show payment history. My concern about this card when I received it I read the entire agreenment and it DOES NOT sayI can't ask for CLI. I'm going to wait when the 61 days hit and ask for an increase.

Message 16 of 23
mleun481

So if I get it backdated to my original member date (1993), will that have any effect on my credit score even if theres no payment history?  My ultimate goal is to get a regular Amex card again.

Message 17 of 23
Pastryprincessnails
Regular Contributor

I had a card and paid them off in 2006 I got a settlement check back from them earlier this year but never and invite to get either card what can I do would love to have another chance with them Smiley Sad
NFCU $17k Amex Gold Jared $3k PC Richards $1500 Discover IT $1800 NYCO $3k BOFA $4500 Macys $2400 Credit One $1450 Victorias Secret $2950 Walmart $4k Target $800 Capital One $1850 JCrew $8700 Paypal $600 Best Buy Mastercard $1500 Barclays $1430 Amazon Store Card $480 Amazon Visa $4k The Limited $1050 Old Navy $5k Overstock $1150 Citibank Dc $1700 Raymour and Flanigan $2500 Chase Freedom $1k Chase Slate $3200
Message 18 of 23
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Pastryprincessnails wrote:
I had a card and paid them off in 2006 I got a settlement check back from them earlier this year but never and invite to get either card what can I do would love to have another chance with them Smiley Sad

I would contact them about an invitation. If you dont get anywhere with the, contact the CFPB.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 23
sjt
Senior Contributor

@mleun481 wrote:

So if I get it backdated to my original member date (1993), will that have any effect on my credit score even if theres no payment history?  My ultimate goal is to get a regular Amex card again.

Depending on the age of your other accounts you could get a huge bump by adding a 20 year history which will increase your AAOA.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.