cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another reason to close Creditone

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Another reason to close Creditone

I got married recently, and since then I've been calling my creditors to change my name.  Everything went smoothly with all of them except for Creditone, as they want to charge me a $25 fee...um, no thanks

Goodbye and good riddens!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Another reason to close Creditone

Bravo good decision 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Wow, that's...odd! Can't believe they would charge you over a name change that you would think would be a legal requirement!

Ahh wells, good reason to close them for good! Congrats on your path to better credit as well as your marriage!
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Excellent Decision! A charge for this and a charge for that  (head spins) Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

@alinoapa wrote:

I got married recently, and since then I've been calling my creditors to change my name.  Everything went smoothly with all of them except for Creditone, as they want to charge me a $25 fee...um, no thanks

Congrats on marriage!  And congrats on your divorce from CreditOne!  You may now kiss them goodbye

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 793 (TU08, 2/20/20)
AMEX Cash Magnet $49000 | BofA BBR #1 $43900 | Discover IT $39000 | Uber VS $37000 | BoA BBR #2 $31100 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Sam's Club MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Care Credit MC $25000 | GS Apple Card WEMC $20000 | Cash+ VS #1 $18500 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | Cash+ VS #2 $15500 | Freedom VS $15000 | JCP $15000 | Target MC $13000 | Citi Rewards+ $12600 | WF Cash Wise VS $12,000 | Chase AARP $12000 | Sony Card $10250 | Amazon VS $10000 | Marvel MC $10000 | Cap 1 SavorOne WEMC $10000 | PPC $10000 | Disney VS $8800 | Blispay $7500 | Cash Back World WMC $3000 ~~
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Good riddance to that Credit One card you had.

Total CL: Around $168,750 not counting hidden TLs. FICOs in the 700-730 range.

Main cards: Macy's Amex: $24k, Lowe's, $17k, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $7k, Chase AARP: $5.2k, Chase Freedom: $5k, Chase British Airways: $5k, Discover It: $1.5k, Barclays Arrival: $2.5k, Sam's Club MC: $8.5k, Stash: $8k, Sam's Club: $10k, Wells Fargo Propel: $8k, Paypal Smart Connect: $4.9k, Amazon Store Card: $6k, Cabelas Club Visa: $5k, Nordstrom: $5k, CapOne Quicksilver: $2k
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@alinoapa wrote:

Seriously?  Lol...wow.  Next thing you know, they'll start charging a fee to speak with CSRs.

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Did they try to charge you a cancelation fee as well?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.