cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any success stories of Cap1 EO increases with low usage?

tag
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Any success stories of Cap1 EO increases with low usage?

Hi everyone,

In a few weeks it will have been 6 months since my last Cap1 increase.  I got a $500 increase last time by using the love button.  Since then, I've only used the card once or twice.  Ideally I'd like the limit to be at least $3k so I can use it more for everyday purchases that I don't get extra cash back on from my other cards, but the current $1250 limit doesn't really cut it for that!

Has anyone had any success getting the EO to increase their limit substantially even if the card hasn't been used much?  If not...I'll just hit that luv button again and settle for another paltry $500... Smiley Wink

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Any success stories of Cap1 EO increases with low usage?

I use my CAP1's so can't say what they'll do with limited use 

However in recent weeks I have seen the EO tell people they couldn't justify larger limits due to limited use maybe 6-8 cases

YMMV of course but seems they have found an excuse and the plan is to use it in some cases.

I would still go the EO route vs the luv button

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Hi everyone,

In a few weeks it will have been 6 months since my last Cap1 increase.  I got a $500 increase last time by using the love button.  Since then, I've only used the card once or twice.  Ideally I'd like the limit to be at least $3k so I can use it more for everyday purchases that I don't get extra cash back on from my other cards, but the current $1250 limit doesn't really cut it for that!

Has anyone had any success getting the EO to increase their limit substantially even if the card hasn't been used much?  If not...I'll just hit that luv button again and settle for another paltry $500... Smiley Wink

Yes, they gave me a CLI from $15k-20K on a card I used at most one a year.  It had no rewards so I didn't use it.  They added 1% rewards and it then went to quicksilver.  (And I had said I didn't need a CLI on this card, I wanted it on the one I really used.  But they gave me both anyway).

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

I use my CAP1's so can't say what they'll do with limited use 

However in recent weeks I have seen the EO tell people they couldn't justify larger limits due to limited use maybe 6-8 cases

YMMV of course but seems they have found an excuse and the plan is to use it in some cases.

I would still go the EO route vs the luv button

Good luck 

+1

Appears to be a YEMV situation as in most cases.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.