Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone app'd with WAMU lately?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone app'd with WAMU lately?

chi

If they sent you one they will send you another pre-approval. They courted me for months before I actually gave in.
Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification, Brammy.
Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

chiwiseguy wrote:
When I go to "find my offer" it goes straight to this: Thank you for your interest in a WaMu credit card! At this time, this credit card application Web site is only available for registered users of wamu.com. Which I registered and then it goes back to the same message. Cant figure it out.

Okay that answers my quest.  I think WaMu may be cutting back on new apps.  You can go to PetSmart.com and get a WaMu card there but its tiedto PetSmart.  that being said, they may only be solliciting current cardholders aside from the inivte only cards they are sending out.  Either that or they had not offers.  Mine did go through and they soft pulled me.

Can't even app or the biz card unless you go through the back door.

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
When I go to "find my offer" it goes straight to this: Thank you for your interest in a WaMu credit card! At this time, this credit card application Web site is only available for registered users of wamu.com. Which I registered and then it goes back to the same message. Cant figure it out.

Okay that answers my quest. I think WaMu may be cutting back on new apps. You can go to PetSmart.com and get a WaMu card there but its tiedto PetSmart. that being said, they may only be solliciting current cardholders aside from the inivte only cards they are sending out. Either that or they had not offers. Mine did go through and they soft pulled me.
Can't even app or the biz card unless you go through the back door.

I was thinking that to Brammy. They are having a few problems over there!!
Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a coincidence or is it because I declined to app, that I just got notification immediately after closing the app that they are sending me convenience checks by mail...lol!
Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read in the paper today that the WAMU is losing a lot of cash.  Alot.  Their mortgage division is almost, if not, kaput.
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

landocalrissian wrote:
I read in the paper today that the WAMU is losing a lot of cash.  Alot.  Their mortgage division is almost, if not, kaput.

3000 expected o be laid off in the subprime mortgage division.

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if I call and ask about it they will let me app? Worth a shot.
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

chiwiseguy wrote:
I wonder if I call and ask about it they will let me app? Worth a shot.

Heck won't hurt... tell em you lost the pre app they sent you.

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty sure the effects of this will trickle down to their credit card division as well.  All I know is:  I need a cli soon to buy a new Millenium  Falcon.  Subprime mess or not.
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.