cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have good luck with Sears GW for 30 day late?

tag
nickbrodie
Established Member

Anyone have good luck with Sears GW for 30 day late?

I am not finding any useful email addresses and do not get a response from snail mail.

TU Starting Score (09/23/10): 682 | EQ Starting Score (09/23/10): 697
TU Current Score (10/16/2010): 721 | EQ Current Score (10/16/2010): 735
TU & EQ Goal Score: 761

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone have good luck with Sears GW for 30 day late?

@nickbrodie wrote:

I am not finding any useful email addresses and do not get a response from snail mail.

Welcome to myFICO.

I understand about wanting to get all negatives removed but may I ask how old this 30 day late is? Is this the only negative you have?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 7
nickbrodie
Established Member

It is from July 09.  It was one of 3 I had.  Chase and BoA removed the ones I had for the same period/issue through GW letters.

Message 3 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@nickbrodie wrote:

It is from July 09.  It was one of 3 I had.  Chase and BoA removed the ones I had for the same period/issue through GW letters.

I see. Yes I would want this removed myself because it is so recent. I hope you get the information to help you with this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

GW from BofA is quite remarkable.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@nickbrodie wrote:

Once upon a time, several years ago, a member claimed that he'd gotten GW via the online contact service. I tried this out several times, explaining my idiocy and asking for GW. As best as I could tell, it wasn't read by humans, but used word recognition software instead, because the replies mentioned things I hadn't said. I tried one last time, and next thing I knew, my account showed that I had disputed it, which I hadn't.

This bugged the you-know-what out of me, until I found that my score went up. Apparently they filed it as the type of dispute that removes the account from scoring, athough the account and the late still displayed.

This was three years ago, and I have since closed the account, but the "dispute" is still there, I'm still not being charged for a late from this date, although it's still noted that there is a late on the account.

I wouldn't recommend doing this, but that was my experience. Smiley Tongue

The actual late will fall off in March or April of 2014, and for all I know, the non-dispute will continue to display. Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

eta: I meant to add this screenshot of where I tried to GW. On your account page, click on Help and Contact Us, then Email Customer Service, and then you'll see this:

sears contact.jpg

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
nickbrodie
Established Member

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried the generic secure email, but you get an automated response that says they cannot change what is reported because it is accurate.  I got the same response from BoA and Chase until I emailed the CEO, CFO and CAO and got a human to call me.  After I got the right level person on the phone I was able to work GW with them.  When I got through to a supervisor in their customer service they bounced me to Citi which handles the Sears Card.  Citi tells me this is an issue which predates Citi so I need to work with Sears and was given the same 800 number I started this journey with.  I am hoping someone has a good email address for a senior person at Sears so I can try the same route that worked for the other two.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.