cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently have success with cli request from Walmart/Synch?

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone recently have success with cli request from Walmart/Synch?

@UncleB wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Just wondering if Synch is still allowing ppl to increase their limits.  I received their annoucement yesterday regarding card security discontinuance effective July 2019. Anyone else?

If the 'card security' you're talking about is an insurance product (to pay your bill if you're disabled, laid off, etc.) then it makes sense that they would discontinue offering it since in a few months they will no longer own the accounts.

As far as I know nothing has changed with CLI requests, although if I had a Walmart card and was interested in a CLI I would probably not wait too much longer on calling Credit Solutions.

Is calling Credit Solutions different than hitting the CLI button on the website?

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Just wondering if Synch is still allowing ppl to increase their limits.  I received their annoucement yesterday regarding card security discontinuance effective July 2019. Anyone else?

If the 'card security' you're talking about is an insurance product (to pay your bill if you're disabled, laid off, etc.) then it makes sense that they would discontinue offering it since in a few months they will no longer own the accounts.

As far as I know nothing has changed with CLI requests, although if I had a Walmart card and was interested in a CLI I would probably not wait too much longer on calling Credit Solutions.

Is calling Credit Solutions different than hitting the CLI button on the website?

In the "old days" (up until around a year or so ago) they were quite different; you could be declined by the CLI button and call Credit Solutions the same day and often get a CLI, but now the line is more blurred.

One benefit that Credit Solutions still seems to have is they will put you on hold while they run a fresh SP on your TU report, whereas if you use the CLI button they usually use the last SP the system has on file.

TL;DR... CS might not be quite as reliably generous as they once were, but many still believe them to be superior to using the CLI button.  On the other hand, many have found the CLI button to be more responsive than it once was, so there's that as well.

My preferred CS number is the overseas one:  877-379-8173.  Also note that Synchrony CS cannot do a SP through a freeze or lock.

Message 12 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Synchrony CS cannot do a SP through a freeze or lock.

Thank you!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 21
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

In the "old days" (up until around a year or so ago) they were quite different; you could be declined by the CLI button and call Credit Solutions the same day and often get a CLI, but now the line is more blurred.

One benefit that Credit Solutions still seems to have is they will put you on hold while they run a fresh SP on your TU report, whereas if you use the CLI button they usually use the last SP the system has on file.

TL;DR... CS might not be quite as reliably generous as they once were, but many still believe them to be superior to using the CLI button.  On the other hand, many have found the CLI button to be more responsive than it once was, so there's that as well.

My preferred CS number is the overseas one:  877-379-8173.  Also note that Synchrony CS cannot do a SP through a freeze or lock.

Thanks! I'm going to try calling them today. I've been able to get a lot of CLI's on my CareCredit card and my fiance's Sleep Number card, but they've been stingy lately. I'm trying to up the limit on my CareCredit so I can get some stuff done, but I can't do it with the limit it's at now.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 14 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
 im in PR

I didn't know that.  

I was always under the Impression, that when Joe said He was in "PR" ?

That it meant He was in His "Pajamas Relaxing"Smiley Wink

(Smartie)

Message 15 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, when i say PR i mean Penfed RAGINGSmiley Happy
Message 16 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Thanks! I'm going to try calling them today. I've been able to get a lot of CLI's on my CareCredit card and my fiance's Sleep Number card, but they've been stingy lately. I'm trying to up the limit on my CareCredit so I can get some stuff done, but I can't do it with the limit it's at now.

One quick note about Care Credit... in the past (as in, one or two years ago) when people would call Credit Solutions for Care Credit they would either be given the 'regular' Care Credit number to call or the rep would transfer them... it was one of the 'weird' cards that CS didn't handle.

However, I think this has changed... if I recall correctly, in the last few months there have been reports of people calling Credit Solutions for Care Credit and they were able to get assistance.

TL;DR:  I think CS can help you, but if you end up being given another number or transferred this will be why.  In any case it should still be a SP so there's little to be concerned about.  (At one time Care Credit was a HP; I think when they became a SP that's when people started reporting that the Credit Solutions reps were able to help them.)

Let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is old but both my Amazon and walmart Sc's got nice cli 3 months after opening card so March 3rd, then June 3rd. I'm hopeful September 3rd will bring same fortunate result.
I spoke with a csr last month who I asked if they would send out a credit product to keep any of their customers. They told me yes and would be synchrony MasterCard... I don't know if I'm considered a candidate but not sure if I would want or use the MasterCard especially if it was a new account. But I'm cautiously optimistic about when CAP1 takes over...... 😭😭I should have got a Lowe's card instead of home Depot o well lol
Message 18 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know this is old but both my Amazon and walmart Sc's got nice cli 3 months after opening card so March 3rd, then June 3rd. I'm hopeful September 3rd will bring same fortunate result.
I spoke with a csr last month who I asked if they would send out a credit product to keep any of their customers. They told me yes and would be synchrony MasterCard... I don't know if I'm considered a candidate but not sure if I would want or use the MasterCard especially if it was a new account. But I'm cautiously optimistic about when CAP1 takes over...... 😭😭I should have got a Lowe's card instead of home Depot o well lol

Congrats, that would be great to bump up the limit before trans. over to Cap1.

Last week I got a letter from Cap1 explaining the details of the transition of my WalmartMC acct.  haha, I closed it a couple of months ago.

Yesterday, DS got his "request more" cli button back, hit it, got another $500.  That's a good sign for others.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course cap1 sent u info on a closed card haha. I have been able to request cli but notice chat is never available
I just hope they leave the card alone for the most part everyone is happy with the Walmart card except maybe the 321 rewards structure could be better like how about 5% cb at Walmart in store and online. Or 5% in store ,and 3% online. I got the letter as well I think like 4-5weeks ago pretty much said we're not sure what we will do when we take over Walmart cards but we are going to do something. But we reserve the right to do nothing at all. So when we make up our minds and figure what we are doing as a company as a whole we may or at not tell u. I don't know if Cap 1 will slash my limit but if they do I'll close my bucketed platinum/qs. I'm keeping it open because it's my second oldest card but I could care less about a company who let's it's A. I computers run the bank. I lose respect when the EXECUTIVE OFFICE tells me the a.i CPU has more power than them, and can't overide them... Ok sounds like the beginning of a movie
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.