cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for United MileagePlus, PC to Freedom?

tag
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

App for United MileagePlus, PC to Freedom?

I was wondering everyone's thoughts on applying for the Chase United Mileage plus and then after getting the 35K bonus miles, swapping the card for a Freedom? How long would I need to wait after opening the card could I realistically expect that Chase would let me swap?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: App for United MileagePlus, PC to Freedom?

A Chase card needs to be open for a year before you can PC it to a different card.

Message 2 of 8
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

FYI, you may not be able to pc from a cobranded card to the freedom. I couldn't pc my southwest card to anything else (per executive office conversation). You can, however, close the card after a year and move the limit (minus 500, or possibly not if you call the right number) to another card, ie freedom.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 3 of 8
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, that's very helpful
Message 4 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

I'm sure it's been done or at least attempted. A quick google search should give you the answer.
I would wait for a better promotion on the united card though. I got one recently with 50k miles bonus.
Message 5 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

You cannot PC from United MP Explorer to Freedom.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 8
Voodard
Contributor

My wife split her credit line on her United MP Explorer Card to open a Freedom card account. The United card had only been open about 5 months.
TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 7 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

You can always move credit lines between your Chase cards, but you cannot do a full PC from a co-branded card like the United MP Explorer to the Chase Freedom. You'll get another sign-up bonus by applying for the Freedom card anyway.
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.