cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for another Amex or Request a CLI with Chase.....

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

App for another Amex or Request a CLI with Chase.....

I am weighing options of which would be more productive. Should I app for another Amex for backdating purposes after I reach the 1 year mark in Dec or would it be better to request a CLI with Chase? Chase has really not grown for me over the last 2 years. I am not really sure what they don't like about my spending patterns. I want to close out CareCredit when I make the choice. Since both will result in a HP, assuming I would be approved for both (have no idea), I am trying to see which would be better to do. I am thinking taking the HP with Chase would work out better since it wouldn't be a new account. However, I am unsure if Amex wouldn't report as a new account even with backdating.
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: App for another Amex or Request a CLI with Chase.....

@tonyaether wrote:
I am weighing options of which would be more productive. Should I app for another Amex for backdating purposes after I reach the 1 year mark in Dec or would it be better to request a CLI with Chase? Chase has really not grown for me over the last 2 years. I am not really sure what they don't like about my spending patterns. I want to close out CareCredit when I make the choice. Since both will result in a HP, assuming I would be approved for both (have no idea), I am trying to see which would be better to do. I am thinking taking the HP with Chase would work out better since it wouldn't be a new account. However, I am unsure if Amex wouldn't report as a new account even with backdating.

is the other amex from '12? it shouldnt be a new account perse. its up to you. do you want to add another card? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 5
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

The other Amex is from Dec. 2011. It will be a year old in Dec. I don't really want to add another card. I want to replace the limit I am cutting with Care Credit without getting a new line or one that reports as new.
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 3 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:
The other Amex is from Dec. 2011. It will be a year old in Dec.

well whats your aaoa look like? a card going back to jan of 11' could help you. while not that chase wouldnt give you a cli but depends what they do give you. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 5
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

My oldest account is 10 years old and my average age is at 5 years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.