Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree!!

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Re: App spree!!

JellyFish wrote: I said all of this to say that, you don't know what a person has been through.

I didn't use the word foolish with respect to what you have been through. I used it with respect to your putting so many inquiries and new accounts on your report at once.If it's too harsh for you, then I take it back. I have been foolish in my life, too. It happens. I will not tell my stories here to corroborate my foolishness, though.

Try to talk to a bank and tell them about what you've been through and see if they care. If you're lucky, a small CU might care and be respectful. Chances are that the big banks care little about who of their customers has been through what. They care about the implementation of their terms.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

App sprees are exciting and part of the fun of living so I don't know why people get so bent out of shape. Just because you don't wanna have fun doesn't mean you should ruin it for the rest of us that live vicariously through watching others have fun while we're aging accounts. Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

JellyFish wrote: I said all of this to say that, you don't know what a person has been through.

I didn't use the word foolish with respect to what you have been through. I used it with respect to your putting so many inquiries and new accounts on your report at once.If it's too harsh for you, then I take it back. I have been foolish in my life, too. It happens. I will not tell my stories here to corroborate my foolishness, though.

Try to talk to a bank and tell them about what you've been through and see if they care. If you're lucky, a small CU might care and be respectful. Chances are that the big banks care little about who of their customers has been through what. They care about the implementation of their terms.

You are QUITE wrong in making this statement!! Last year I was denied for a cc, but when I called the backdoor number and explained what had happened, I was approved. My credit union was also good to me, and generous with the limits. I still have these accounts AND they have been good to me.

If you wish to state that you are foolish, that's fine!! It is not nice to call anyone names or to even imply it.

Message 23 of 29
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Here is what myfico.com says:

Statistically, people with six inquiries or more on their credit reports can be up to eight times more likely to declare bankruptcy than people with no inquiries on their reports.

source: http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/creditinquiries.aspx

Here is how Merriam Webster defines "foolish": lacking in sense, judgment or discretion

source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foolish

Some people who have bankruptcies get there due to unlucky circumstances.Others get there because they are irresponsible. Every case is unique.

For some people credit history repeats itself. I sincerely hope not for you!

I am bowing out of this thread... (with an apology to all people here who think that sprees are oh so great)

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willpower wrote:

Statistically, people with six inquiries or more on their credit reports can be up to eight times more likely to declare bankruptcy than people with no inquiries on their reports.

Here is how Merriam Webster defines "foolish": lacking in sense, judgment or discretion

Some people who have bankruptcies get there due to unlucky circumscription's get there because they are irresponsible. Every case is unique.

I am bowing out of this thread... (with an apology to all people here who think that sprees are oh so great)

Good for you willpower! I don't think you said anything wrong!!  I agree that app sprees are foolish and I say that as someone who just went one a mini one myself a few months ago.  I did it because at the time, I thought it was the best thing for me and while I did 3 apps in one week. I knew to draw the line there and still to this day have anxiety over having done it even though I got all three.  I don't see why anyone was offended as this is just a place to help people out and being blunt is much appreciated..... by me anyway.  I think this got way out of hand and I hope you continue to say what you truly feel for the benefit of the rest of us.  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

Some people who have bankruptcies get there due to unlucky circumstances.Others get there because they are irresponsible. Every case is unique.

We shall see, won't we?! For those of you that are interested in my credit future, I will keep you posted.

Again, this is a point of view. And as many a poster has stated: YMMV.

Message 26 of 29
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Congrats Jelly!

I can totally get why someone would do an app spree. If you're not looking for a loan in the immediate future, then you won't feel the impact of the hit to your score. Also, you age all your accounts in one shot as opposed to constantly having your AAoA change. The only thing that would worry me, is an unforseen event that may require a loan.

I've also been rebuilding my credit. But I've been doing the app thing slow even before I discovered this forum. I just can't handle balancing too many cards.. Also, we'll be looking for a mortgage in 2011 and after reading everything here, I can't afford my FICO going down.

But hey, everyone's situation is different. And what makes sense for one person, doesn't mean it will work for the next. 

To each their own.

Best wishes to you and enjoy your new cards!

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 29
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

App sprees are exciting and part of the fun of living so I don't know why people get so bent out of shape. Just because you don't wanna have fun doesn't mean you should ruin it for the rest of us that live vicariously through watching others have fun while we're aging accounts. Smiley Sad

Application sprees can indeed be fun and exciting, and sometimes a little disappointing when trying to rebuild your credit profile.. Unfortunately for me, my application spree days are done for the next year or two as I'm stuck in the garden! It's fun to read about others going on their sprees and at the same time it can be dangerously enticing, lol.. There's nothing wrong with a little Foolish Fun from time to time. Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonightmare wrote:

Congrats Jelly!

I can totally get why someone would do an app spree. If you're not looking for a loan in the immediate future, then you won't feel the impact of the hit to your score. Also, you age all your accounts in one shot as opposed to constantly having your AAoA change. The only thing that would worry me, is an unforseen event that may require a loan.

I've also been rebuilding my credit. But I've been doing the app thing slow even before I discovered this forum. I just can't handle balancing too many cards.. Also, we'll be looking for a mortgage in 2011 and after reading everything here, I can't afford my FICO going down.

But hey, everyone's situation is different. And what makes sense for one person, doesn't mean it will work for the next. 

To each their own.

Best wishes to you and enjoy your new cards!

Thanks!! I will enjoy my cards...BUT not too much , RIGHT? LOL!!! It will be 2012 before I will be looking for a mortgage, so I think that I am ok. By then, all of my new accounts will have aged well, and hopefully (due to some careful gardening) grow significantly.

Many blessings to you on your hombuying journey!!

Jelly

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.