Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Barclays

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Apple Card Barclays

I call Barclay to see if I can get any apple offers and the rep today said that as of 01 Nov 2020 they apple card with Barclay will be close out. I never got a letter on this only what the rep said. This was the manager dept bay the way. Has anyone heard of this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Card Barclays

The writing has been on the wall. While rep might be wrong, sounds plausible. The card was rebranded Special Financing, or some other nonsense. Letters may be on their way.

Message 2 of 7
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

The writing has been on the wall. While rep might be wrong, sounds plausible. The card was rebranded Special Financing, or some other nonsense. Letters may be on their way.

I hope it does not. I did speak to a rep and she said if I had an apple purchase they can work something out on the card.

Message 3 of 7
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Will Barclay PC it to one of their other spectacularly-lackluster cards?   Have been on the fence about closing this card, it has has $0 balance for 2.5 years,  I just do a maintenance swipe on it every now and again to keep it going.  They really don't have any other card offers that stands out.  

Message 4 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Thats why it was rebranded as Special Financing when they lost Apple contract. Most cobranded cards can't be PC with a lender. I would think the card can't be product changed.@fatcomic wrote:

Will Barclay PC it to one of their other spectacularly-lackluster cards?   Have been on the fence about closing this card, it has has $0 balance for 2.5 years,  I just do a maintenance swipe on it every now and again to keep it going.  They really don't have any other card offers that stands out.  

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@fatcomic wrote:

As mentioned above, it's unlikely that Barclays will PC since it hasn't been a successful or fruitful option in the past.  You can contact them to see whether any options may be available.   That said, if you hold any other Barclays CCs, they can rollover or reallocate the CL onto another card.  

Message 6 of 7
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@fatcomic wrote:

They did say that will be offering to PC to a different card Barclays offers at or around 01 Nov 2020.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.