Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card

tag
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

Apple Card

Reading this morning that Apple/GS has altered the CLI policy. Appparently now it is 180 days since last approval instead of 90 days. Also they require you to wait 30 days after being declined for one. Sucks for me as next month was my next target date. Oh well Feb 2023 it is. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Card

Thanks for this.  Is there a link/source of the article?

Message 2 of 24
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

F0A5FA57-FF2F-4AEE-ACF0-8D8D028F8E9A.jpeg

CF737F85-56C9-4C5F-90BF-AB7CE6C0E569.jpeg

B4B3DC48-00A9-45B6-8A41-BB9D676B793D.jpeg

Message 3 of 24
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@increasingmyfico wrote:

Reading this morning that Apple/GS has altered the CLI policy. Appparently now it is 180 days since last approval instead of 90 days. Also they require you to wait 30 days after being declined for one. Sucks for me as next month was my next target date. Oh well Feb 2023 it is. 

Wow! That's disaapointing. I was eagerly awaiting my first this coming November.

Thanks for the heads up! Valuable info!

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 4 of 24
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@increasingmyfico wrote:

I've also been reading about that too! It's really disappointing to hear about this change, especially for those who were on the cusp of asking for an increase. I read one person say they were gonna be eligible on October 6 but now they have to wait 3 more months. 

Message 5 of 24
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

To be completely honest, I would close out that chat and ask again with a different CSR. If there's one thing I know, it's that different CSRs often give different information. I've gotten contradictory answers from them in the past. 

Maybe the policy really has changed and that's the new set-in-stone rule, but I would probably try with a couple different CSRs. 

Just my own thought process! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 24
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

To be completely honest, I would close out that chat and ask again with a different CSR. If there's one thing I know, it's that different CSRs often give different information. I've gotten contradictory answers from them in the past. 

Maybe the policy really has changed and that's the new set-in-stone rule, but I would probably try with a couple different CSRs. 

Just my own thought process! 

Agree with this. OR.... does anything think that the CLIs could be like Navy Fed's? Perhaps the first CLI can be requested within 90 days, and then afterwards must be 180? Wishful thinking, I know, but I could see a rep getting this mixed up. loll...

In any case, I'll try calling myself to see what I can dig up.

Edit: Well.... I called Apple Card earlier and spoke with a very nice rep. Explained to her that I'd been advised (on a previous phone call) to wait approx 90 days to request a CLI. I inquired if this policy had changed, and if so, if it had changed to 180 days. She advised that she was not aware of any changes. She mentioned that customers can techincally ask "whenever," however, a minimum of 90 days was recommended. She mentioned that perhaps the 180 days recommended was possibly profile dependent?

As was mentioned above, might be one of those situations where YMMV depending on the rep one speaks with. Probably have to wait for more members to chime in with data points to get a definitive answer. In the meantime, I'm going to leave my 91 day CLI YOLO on my calendar. yee-haw! Smiley Tongue

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 7 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@increasingmyfico wrote:

F0A5FA57-FF2F-4AEE-ACF0-8D8D028F8E9A.jpeg

CF737F85-56C9-4C5F-90BF-AB7CE6C0E569.jpeg

B4B3DC48-00A9-45B6-8A41-BB9D676B793D.jpeg

More evidence of lenders tightening purse strings, in the current financial environment!

I would venture to say, we will probably see more lenders tightening purse strings. ..JMO

Message 8 of 24
LeoTheDOG
Established Member

Good to know,

glad i recieved my last CLI.. currently sitting at $9,250, wonder if im locked out for the 180 days as i was approved 9/5

Message 9 of 24
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

I'm disappointed with my Apple Card. I started out with as CL of $1250 - and have been marginal in using it so as to not max the card out too much, so more so pacing it slow.

YTD I've spent between $3k-$3.5k on it and have paid it back. Yet my denial is "Your recent payments on Apple did not cover a significant portion of your monthly balance."

Guess Apple doesn't love me... Smiley Sad oh well, to the sock drawer it goes... got other options in my wallet to free up the space.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.