Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple card combination question

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Apple card combination question

Hey all,

This might be a dumb question (I've been known to have those every now and again)...

My wife is about to apply for an Apple card. If/when she's approved we want to combine her card with mine, to combine our limits and have the purchases in one place.

The question is: when we combine them, will it appear as a new account on my credit report or will it appear as the same account with a higher credit limit?

Same question for her - will it look like she opened (2) new accounts, back-to-back or will it look like just (1) new account for her that had the CL increased immediately?

Let me know if you've done this and how it appeared on your report(s).

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
63 REPLIES 63
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

I'm pretty sure they won't allow you to combine the cards.

Message 2 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@NYC_Fella wrote:

I'm pretty sure they won't allow you to combine the cards.

Hi there!

Apple's verbiage is below:

"Apple Card Family allows two partners to merge credit lines to form a single co-owned account, manage that account together, and build credit as equals."

I just don't know if that "merging" of credit lines creates a completely new account for both parties (on their credit report) or if it updates their respective accounts with new CL etc.

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 3 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

They can be combined.

(I don't recall if anyone in this forum has done it yet...)

From the Apple website:

Apple Card Family lets you co-own your Apple Card account with one member of your Family Sharing group. You can share your credit line with a co-owner and build credit together as equals. You can even invite another Apple Card owner to combine credit limits with you and form one co-owned account.

Message 4 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

They can be combined.

From the Apple website:

Apple Card Family lets you co-own your Apple Card account with one member of your Family Sharing group. You can share your credit line with a co-owner and build credit together as equals. You can even invite another Apple Card owner to combine credit limits with you and form one co-owned account.1

Hi and thank you for the reply!

I just don't know if that "forming" of one co-owned account creates a completely new account for both parties (on their credit report) or if it updates their respective accounts with new CL etc.

Cheers!

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 5 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

They can be combined.

From the Apple website:

Apple Card Family lets you co-own your Apple Card account with one member of your Family Sharing group. You can share your credit line with a co-owner and build credit together as equals. You can even invite another Apple Card owner to combine credit limits with you and form one co-owned account.1

I just don't know if that "forming" of one co-owned account creates a completely new account for both parties (on their credit report) or if it updates their respective accounts with new CL etc.

Cheers!

IIRC,

The inviter retains the account.  The invitee gives up their limit to the inviter but inherits the history of the inviter uh,  I think.

Try asking GS via chat to confirm.

Thus you should invite your wife to join your account when she gets her new Apple card.

Message 6 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

They can be combined.

From the Apple website:

Cheers!

IIRC,

The invitor retains the account.  The invitee gives up their limit to the Inviter and I believe inherits the history as well.  Try asking GS via chat to confirm..

Thus you should invite your wife to join your account when she gets her new Apple card.

Yeah, this is my presumption as well. I chatted with them prior to making this post and they told me:

"We don't see how information is reflected for customers on credit bureau end. It states one account on our end. Doesn't state how that reflect on customer individual report."

They then told me I'd have to reach out to my credit bureau. I figured I'd check here before having to call them

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 7 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Looks like you're gonna have to be the guinea pig for MyFico!

Message 8 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Update:

Wife was approved for $10k @ 12.99 but got the attached error when trying to merge them.

I reached out to Apple/GS via the chat feature and they said we should wait 'some time' prior to attempting the merge. I asked how long 'some time' is and got this response:

"I am actually looking to see if there is a specific time parameter. I would give it 24 hours, and retry. If not available within 24 hours reach out to us to troubleshoot."

I'll keep everyone posted10F946AA-9062-4426-A4F6-8A8D1ADAE09C.png

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 9 of 64
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posting this, @Cashbackjunky. I'm curious to see how this ends up working.

Message 10 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.