Apple card combination question

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

** Update **

Both my wife and I see the new CL of $25k on our reports. The cards are reporting spend from both cards to the bureaus as well.

The account is showing as "joint" now on our reports too.

Cheers!

Saw-wheet. 

@Cashbackjunky ,

Does the account open date for your wife now reflect the older date (of when you opened your Apple card?)

I opened my account before she opened her account. I can confirm the date on my report shows the date that I actually opened my account. My wife is asleep right now but I can update in the morning when I peek at her report. I imagine it'll have the later date, that she opened her card, but we will see.

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 51 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

*Update*

My wife's credit report shows $25k CL with December open date (not my July open date).

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 52 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Thanks for this @Cashbackjunky.

Message 53 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Cashbackjunky 

Does the card statement and or App separate/notate the activity per user?

For example:

- User A buys $45 of fuel on Jan 6.

- User B buys $75 of groceries on Jan 9

Or does the activity appear without the user?

Message 54 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@Cashbackjunky 

Does the card statement and or App separate/notate the activity per user?

For example:

- User A buys $45 of fuel on Jan 6.

- User B buys $75 of groceries on Jan 9

Or does the activity appear without the user?

Within the Apple card transactions, in the wallet app, it shows my wife's name next to transactions she made but nothing next to the transactions I've made. It's not "separated" it's all in chronological order, but it is notated if she made the transaction.

I have to presume it shows my name next to transactions I've made, in her app but cannot confirm at the moment as I'm traveling.

Cheers!

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 55 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the reply appreciate the info.
FYI, if you don't have a gas card? Exxon Mobil gives you 3% back using their app and paying with Apple Pay.

Message 56 of 64
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

I regret that I didn't see this thread when it was created.  I merged me and my wife's Apple Cards on July 20, 2021, 1 day after the new feature went live. I could've cleared up a lot of the concerns and questions that have been mentioned.  Congratulations on merging you and your DW's cards.

FYI Goldman Sachs views the merging of Apple Cards as a limit increase, so for those interested in getting additional limit increases in the near future try to do so before merging if you're eligible.  We haven't been able to get any additional increases since merging and it's been 6 months. I spoke with several others who have joint accounts and their experience has been the same regarding CLI's post merging.

We last asked 4 months after merging. Spoke with the rep and they said we received an increase on July 20.  They recommended we at least wait until 6 months have passed before trying again.  2 days ago we hit 6 months but haven't asked yet.  Before us merging  accounts, for me on my Apple Card my last increase was May 2021 and my wife never had gotten an increase, if you don't count us merging our accounts.  They handle CLI's differently for joint accounts than they do individual. Individual accounts are eligible every 91 days.  

Message 57 of 64
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

Good to know on the differences for CLIs on personal vs merged accounts.

Message 58 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Thanks for the reply appreciate the info.
FYI, if you don't have a gas card? Exxon Mobil gives you 3% back using their app and paying with Apple Pay.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually a Platinum Honors member with Bank of America, so my Customized Cash Rewards card gives me 5.25% back on gas Smiley Happy

Cheers!

837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 59 of 64
fm92555
Regular Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I regret that I didn't see this thread when it was created.  I merged me and my wife's Apple Cards on July 20, 2021, 1 day after the new feature went live. I could've cleared up a lot of the concerns and questions that have been mentioned.  Congratulations on merging you and your DW's cards.

FYI Goldman Sachs views the merging of Apple Cards as a limit increase, so for those interested in getting additional limit increases in the near future try to do so before merging if you're eligible.  We haven't been able to get any additional increases since merging and it's been 6 months. I spoke with several others who have joint accounts and their experience has been the same regarding CLI's post merging.

We last asked 4 months after merging. Spoke with the rep and they said we received an increase on July 20.  They recommended we at least wait until 6 months have passed before trying again.  2 days ago we hit 6 months but haven't asked yet.  Before us merging  accounts, for me on my Apple Card my last increase was May 2021 and my wife never had gotten an increase, if you don't count us merging our accounts.  They handle CLI's differently for joint accounts than they do individual. Individual accounts are eligible every 91 days.  

I am soo glad you posted this. 

I can tell right now this would not work for me. I have worked hard to get CLI's on Apple and I have my largest credit line with them. I can't wait until my next 91 day term passes. My wife on the other hand gives all here extra use to her Citi cards.

I was thinking about doing this and now I am sure I won't.

Message 60 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.