Did you mean: 

Apple card combination question

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

@fm92555 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I regret that I didn't see this thread when it was created.  I merged me and my wife's Apple Cards on July 20, 2021, 1 day after the new feature went live. I could've cleared up a lot of the concerns and questions that have been mentioned.  Congratulations on merging you and your DW's cards.

FYI Goldman Sachs views the merging of Apple Cards as a limit increase, so for those interested in getting additional limit increases in the near future try to do so before merging if you're eligible.  We haven't been able to get any additional increases since merging and it's been 6 months. I spoke with several others who have joint accounts and their experience has been the same regarding CLI's post merging.

We last asked 4 months after merging. Spoke with the rep and they said we received an increase on July 20.  They recommended we at least wait until 6 months have passed before trying again.  2 days ago we hit 6 months but haven't asked yet.  Before us merging  accounts, for me on my Apple Card my last increase was May 2021 and my wife never had gotten an increase, if you don't count us merging our accounts.  They handle CLI's differently for joint accounts than they do individual. Individual accounts are eligible every 91 days.  

I am soo glad you posted this. 

I can tell right now this would not work for me. I have worked hard to get CLI's on Apple and I have my largest credit line with them. I can't wait until my next 91 day term passes. My wife on the other hand gives all here extra use to her Citi cards.

I was thinking about doing this and now I am sure I won't.

@fm92555  Glad I could help you from making a  move you'd regret!  Best wishes to you as you continue to grow your Apple card! 

Message 61 of 64
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I regret that I didn't see this thread when it was created.  I merged me and my wife's Apple Cards on July 20, 2021, 1 day after the new feature went live. I could've cleared up a lot of the concerns and questions that have been mentioned.  Congratulations on merging you and your DW's cards.

FYI Goldman Sachs views the merging of Apple Cards as a limit increase, so for those interested in getting additional limit increases in the near future try to do so before merging if you're eligible.  We haven't been able to get any additional increases since merging and it's been 6 months. I spoke with several others who have joint accounts and their experience has been the same regarding CLI's post merging.

We last asked 4 months after merging. Spoke with the rep and they said we received an increase on July 20.  They recommended we at least wait until 6 months have passed before trying again.  2 days ago we hit 6 months but haven't asked yet.  Before us merging  accounts, for me on my Apple Card my last increase was May 2021 and my wife never had gotten an increase, if you don't count us merging our accounts.  They handle CLI's differently for joint accounts than they do individual. Individual accounts are eligible every 91 days.  

Combining two accounts is - in my opinion, a credit line increase as well.

My wife's limit is $14,000 and mine is $13.000. 

I don't have an issue if they don't give me another increase for at least six months if we combine our two...

Message 62 of 64
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Jordan23ww Thanks for your post! I didn't realize about the 91-day thing.  I'm over 6 months with the card.  I just texted customer service and my CLI was doubled immediately! Ha.  I will say I'm a little surprised. My credit is not at its best at the moment but I have a steller payment history with the Apple Card.  As far as I can tell they didn't do a hard pull so maybe credit score didn't matter.

Message 63 of 64
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Jordan23ww Thanks for your post! I didn't realize about the 91-day thing.  I'm over 6 months with the card.  I just texted customer service and my CLI was doubled immediately! Ha.  I will say I'm a little surprised. My credit is not at its best at the moment but I have a steller payment history with the Apple Card.  As far as I can tell they didn't do a hard pull so maybe credit score didn't matter.

@nomadic_triathlete  you're welcome and also CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's awesome that they doubled your limit.  All Apple

Card limit increases are soft pulls so you shouldn't be seeing any surprise hard inquiries show up!  If interested, feel free to set a reminder and hit them up for another increase in another 90 days!

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.