Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature over phone | Updated with #

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Applying for US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature over phone | Updated with #

Just successfully applied for the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature card over the phone. No instant approvals are ever given though according to th rep. Over hte phone it's always 7-10 days. I suspect if i call the backdoor number tomorrow, they can give me an answer quicker.

Just wanted to share this bit of news with the forum as this is a very useful card.

Number called: 1-800-285-8585

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature over phone

Good luck, looks like a good rewards card. 

Message 2 of 38
roshan
Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Just successfully applied for the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature card over the phone. No instant approvals are ever given though according to th rep. Over hte phone it's always 7-10 days. I suspect if i call the backdoor number tomorrow, they can give me an answer quicker.

Just wanted to share this bit of news with the forum as this is a very useful card.

What number did you call too? I am thinking about it too.

Message 3 of 38
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Wait you could apply over the phone? I thought there was no hope to obtain the card, unless you applied for it within a branch location. This is good news! So I guess I could throw it back on my list of cards to get. I would like the number as well please, I'll save it for an app in the future.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 38
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

A number of us (FutureBillionaire for example) who have had that card a while feel that it has been really badly nerfed (loss of bill pay, airfare, home improvements, and pending loss of multiple $25 bonuses and bank account bonuses) because it was a REALLY great card!   But without that history, just looking at it as a card, yes, looks pretty good.

Message 6 of 38
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Number called: 1-800-285-8585

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 7 of 38
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

No go for me, just tried calling the number posted and was told I had to apply in person at a branch office. May try again later.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 8 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Applying for US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature over phone | Updated with #

You can try calling a branch nearest to you as well and see if they are willing to do it
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 38
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

No go for me, just tried calling the number posted and was told I had to apply in person at a branch office. May try again later.

Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard.  Why would they not allow online or phone apps?  I live in a state that does not have any US Bank branches.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.