cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved AMEX additional card member. Am I still blackballed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved AMEX additional card member. Am I still blackballed?

Nervously excited here....

I signed my wife up for the Amex Gold and she was approved. I had been trying to get an Amex, but I was immediately denied. I assume it's do to a previous charge off (BK) with them.  After my wife recieved her card I got her set up and waited a month before applying to get a additional card in my name. After that month passed, I applied for the additional card for me without putting in the SS#. There was a warning stating, we will have to add the SS# within 60 days or the card will be cancelled. The card arrived today, I went to get it activated and they force you to add the SS#. I anticipated after I enter my SS#, I was going to have a nice metal Amex gold to put on the mantel that doesnt work. Low and behold BOOM, "welcome back". Even shows my memeber since date as 2006 instead of 2020.

With that being said, I'm wondring if I'm off the black ball list now? I know the only way is to try, but I'm going to wait a couple months. Does anyone else have a similar experience where they were off the BB list?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved AMEX additional card member. Am I still blackballed?

Data points show blacklist will keep you from getting card until BK is no longer reporting. Since you burned them, the amount is what matters. Large amounts can be decades, if ever.

If you apply and no HP... most likely still on BL. AU approval is good though!

Message 2 of 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DW approval and your AU card!
Message 3 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  There really is only one way to find out. Blacklisted and you won't get a pull so no harm done there plus you found out your status with them.

DPs tell us that 5YR-1M is the minimum approval with BK still reporting and obviously much much longer if IIB. Assuming you're 5+ years from DC so the only way you get a HP is if you're out of that Blacklist so kind of win-win for you!

At any rate Congrats on that first step AX AU!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 5
drboxing
Established Contributor

Same situation with me. I included AMEX in BK years ago and for years couldn't be added as an AU. Finally after about 10 years I was able to be added as an AU and my carded showed member since 1994. After about 6-7 months I applied for Delta Gold and was approved for $1k SL. But attempted to get the GOLD and was continuously denied. After about 13 months I was approved for Gold. So being allowed as an AU is a start. Congrats on becoming an AU, I know the feeling.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.