Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Fidelity AMEX, need CLI

tag
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Approved Fidelity AMEX, need CLI

I was approved for $2,500 on this card, but since it is my main card I think I'm going to need a large line of credit.

My main card now is my Blue Cash (the original) at $10k.  Think I'll be able to get FIA to give me at least half of that?  Does anyone know if they require you to wait 6 months or 1 year before CLI or can I ask for more immediately?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Approved Fidelity AMEX, need CLI

@shiftomnimega wrote:

I was approved for $2,500 on this card, but since it is my main card I think I'm going to need a large line of credit.

My main card now is my Blue Cash (the original) at $10k.  Think I'll be able to get FIA to give me at least half of that?  Does anyone know if they require you to wait 6 months or 1 year before CLI or can I ask for more immediately?

You can call and ask. They have always been eager for them to be my primary card!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!

IMO, it won't hurt to call and ask for a CLI right away (tell them you want to make this your primary CC and the CL is a bit too low). All they can say is no.

Best of Luck!!

Message 3 of 7
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  Going bold.

It required a credit pull and close to 20 minutes of my life, but I've been approved for $5k trade line.  The guy looked at my other lines and said, yeah, if you ever want more just call as back and we'll take care of that.  Cool, should have asked for 10k straight away...

Message 4 of 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@shiftomnimega wrote:

It required a credit pull and close to 20 minutes of my life, but I've been approved for $5k trade line.  The guy looked at my other lines and said, yeah, if you ever want more just call as back and we'll take care of that.  Cool, should have asked for 10k straight away...

Awesome, congrats! I feel like the folks at FIA have gotten a bad rap over the years but they've been great to deal with on my end. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shiftomnimega wrote:

When did you app and get approved?

If within a few days, why couldn't they just use the same report?

Anyway Congratulations!

Message 6 of 7
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

Not sure.  I got a 30 day message when I apped, but later that night the fidelity account reflected a credit card with $2500.  Five days later and I get a card.

Perhaps I was instantly approved, but the message didn't correctly reflect that.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.