cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Shell (citi)...foot in the door with citi/chase?

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Approved for Shell (citi)...foot in the door with citi/chase?

Just curious....I posted earlier about applying for a bp gas card which is through Chase and I got the "We will let you know" message.....I called to try and get more information but both times, the rep said it was still pending. I assume that is a no go. I really want/need a gas card so I tried for a shell gas card through citi....I was instantly approved so I am into the garden now because I have a little bit of each kind of card to start my rebuild. My question is......once you apply and get approved or don't, does that make the issuing creditor start watching you and offer prime cards at some point?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Shell (citi)...foot in the door with citi/chase?

@snowkitty wrote:
Just curious....I posted earlier about applying for a bp gas card which is through Chase and I got the "We will let you know" message.....I called to try and get more information but both times, the rep said it was still pending. I assume that is a no go. I really want/need a gas card so I tried for a shell gas card through citi....I was instantly approved so I am into the garden now because I have a little bit of each kind of card to start my rebuild. My question is......once you apply and get approved or don't, does that make the issuing creditor start watching you and offer prime cards at some point?

I applied for the Citi shell card in january... Well now its September and i app'd for the Citi Dividend card which is very much so prime.. i got it with a 3k limit too.. So it def helps to get your foot in the door

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Thanks....that's what I was hoping for in a year or so
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Which report did they pull?

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 5 of 9
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I have an Exxon Mobile (also Citi) and have had it for 4 months.  They tried charging me a $29 annual fee when the first statement cut so I called them to have it removed because I got the standard no fee card, not the next step up.  It took two months to be credited but the charge just showed up again, so I'm going to have to call them again this week.  I'm not sure I want a Citi card bad enough to keep this card long enough to establish my credit worthiness with them - I guess it will depend on how nice or mean the rep is when I talk to them about this fee that keeps showing up.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 6 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@Sladyesq wrote:

Which report did they pull?

I'm not sure....I'm going to assume EQ because it is not showing up on my transunion at all.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 7 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

I have an Exxon Mobile (also Citi) and have had it for 4 months.  They tried charging me a $29 annual fee when the first statement cut so I called them to have it removed because I got the standard no fee card, not the next step up.  It took two months to be credited but the charge just showed up again, so I'm going to have to call them again this week.  I'm not sure I want a Citi card bad enough to keep this card long enough to establish my credit worthiness with them - I guess it will depend on how nice or mean the rep is when I talk to them about this fee that keeps showing up.

I will keep an eye out for that just in case. It says in the terms and conditions I signed yesterday that there is no annual fee.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.