Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!!

tag
Gracie15
Valued Member

Approved!!

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in "rebuilding". But I was approved for an Old Orchard CC today. I know, I know. But I need to rebuild. I am so excited and happy to finally have a credit card to start proving I can be a responsible person, again. My question is, should I just hang out with this one card for a while? I was approved for a secured Cap. One. Maybe if I wait a few months, I could be approved for an unsecured one from either Cap One or from somewhere else. Also, do secured cards post on CR's as secured? Thank you for any information anyone can give meSmiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 559 Score Watch
Current Score: EQ: 646 TU: 667 EX: 664 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved!!

That's great!  Congrats.

Message 2 of 13
butterflyblu
New Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 13
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Hey, welcome to the club.  You are in the re-building phase.  Now is the time to continue sweeping your credit reports for any negatives marks, or to continue paying your debt down.  There are numerous ways to bring your score in the 600s and higher.  The secured cards are the way to go and if you want to app for Cap1, I say go ahead.  I put an app for Cap1 just for giggles, and received and email stating the my card was in the mail.  Sure, I pay in annual fee of $39., but I was given a $2k limit with a $500cli in 3 months.

Respect the cards, but respect the credit limits.  It's a business and as easy as it was to get credit, and can be taken.

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some secured cards (like BofA) post a secured. The Capital One secured card does NOT report as secured., at least it hasn't for me. Just shows up as a regular CC.

Unless you're getting close to having to pay the AF again or you need your security deposit, you might as well leave it open for a bit longer. I'd definitely close it before you have to pay the annual fee again, though. Supposedly using your card will also build internal history with Capital One, so if you decide to apply for one of their unsecured cards, you (in theory, again) stand a better chance of getting approved for one if you already have a good payment history with them.

But it's Cap One, so nobody can really promise anything.

Message 5 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

If I'm reading your post right you were approved for a secured Cap1 card but have not taken it. If you haven't IMHO I would use the Orchard card for six months and it will probably be taken over by Cap1. Even if it hasn't then I would apply for a Cap1 rewards card after showing some responsible use on your Orchard card. The secured card will never become unsecured with Cap1. If you did apply already for the secured card you have taken the Inquiries on all 3 credit reports. So if you have the extra money  it would be in your best interest to speed your credit rating up with 2 lines of credit.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 13
theagent26
New Contributor

Congrats Gracie! I can tell you right now that you've come to the right place. I started reading these forums last year when my EQ score was 533. Keep workin at it!

Starting Score: EQ 593 TU 606
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 682 EX 684
Goal Score: 700's baby let's get it!

Message 7 of 13
dalebb
Valued Contributor

this is the right place to b,, lots of learning can b done here

Message 8 of 13
Gracie15
Valued Member

Thank you all for the advice and the congrats! Yes I was approved for the cap one secured, but have not sent in my deposit. I think I will go ahead and do that, since I have already taken the hit for the inquiries. That way I will show responsibility for 2 cards. And hopefully increase my scores as I go. Thanks so much!!! I love this place!!!

Starting Score: EQ: 559 Score Watch
Current Score: EQ: 646 TU: 667 EX: 664 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 640

Message 9 of 13
dalebb
Valued Contributor

we luv u2,, hope to cya around the block

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.