Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Au question

tag
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Au question

I would like to add my DW as AU to some of my cards. I noticed in the form they wanted ss#. We are working on some baddies on her cr. will they pull her report? And if yes if there are some baddies will that affect my cl's and relationship with ccc

SIlver:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Au question

@Stonemanmv wrote:
I would like to add my DW as AU to some of my cards. I noticed in the form they wanted ss#. We are working on some baddies on her cr. will they pull her report? And if yes if there are some baddies will that affect my cl's and relationship with ccc

Adding her as an authorized user shouldn't result in her credit being pulled, or adverse action against you either.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Ok thanks. When they asked for the ss# I just wanted to check

SIlver:

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It will assist with CRAs - unless we are talking about Amex. If she's defaulted with them she will probably not receive a cc.
Message 4 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The only exception I can think is if you are adding an AMEX additional cardmember ( not the same as an AU ), they might do a soft pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 9
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

It's cap1 and discover

SIlver:

Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My DH is an AU on my Discover and it reported immediately -also caused a mid cycle report when they issued his cc.

He has Cap 1 but since I personally do not care for them I am not an AU.
Message 7 of 9
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Good to know about discover. Thanks lexie

SIlver:

Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.