cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user "pending" on Amex Everyday?

tag
trnj88
New Contributor

Authorized user "pending" on Amex Everyday?

UPDATE: After about 8 days the account appeared on my report.. success Smiley Happy

My girlfriend recently added me as an authorized user to her Amex Everyday / ordered an additional card in my name. The brief form only asked for my name, SSN and date of birth. No mention of any inquiries or anything.

However when she clicked Submit, the page loaded for about a minute and said, "We are reviewing your application and you should hear back within 14 days with a decision", and instructed her "...not to apply for another Amex Everyday card."

Has anyone seen this? I figured adding an AU was just lickity splitz. Will they run an inquiry? I read the terms and it did not mention any 'application' process involved.

Not sure if this pending message always applies to AUs?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Authorized user "pending" on Amex Everyday?

Have you ever burned Amex?

This does have an affect on amex's AUs... 

Message 2 of 7
trnj88
New Contributor

I've never "burned" Amex in a default sense. The only thing that could be triggering this in my mind is back in 2010 I put my Amex account into a Debt Management Plan through CareOne when I got out of college and had made some stupid decisions.

However the balance was only $1,300 (KICKING myself now for putting that into a DMP). I did pay it off and never defaulted or went through a BK, chargeoff, etc.

I have read as long as past debts were paid Amex is typically forgiving.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I got the same message when adding my GF as an authorized user. However, she had 0 credit history, so I don't know if that was the reason. I managed to check the application status a few days later via the live chat. Eventually the card arrived a few days later.

Message 4 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@trnj88 wrote:

I've never "burned" Amex in a default sense. The only thing that could be triggering this in my mind is back in 2010 I put my Amex account into a Debt Management Plan through CareOne when I got out of college and had made some stupid decisions.

However the balance was only $1,300 (KICKING myself now for putting that into a DMP). I did pay it off and never defaulted or went through a BK, chargeoff, etc.

I have read as long as past debts were paid Amex is typically forgiving.

You still burned them (not a full default burn, but definitey a adverse event in their eyes) . but as you said.. you paid them back and are forgiving once they are paid..

Thats probably why the delay vs an instant-approval....... 

your information is probably coming up in the system.....

Its very likely youll get the card but someone has to look at your profile with amex is my guess as to whats happening..

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently added my Fiance to my PRG, and when I hit the submit button I got the same thing. I immediatly called and asked a rep and was assured the card would be "approved". She also said that an account number had already been generated, she could see it in the system. YMMV. 

My profile is flawless, and my fiance's is thin so I thought that was why, but She said that they always say that, and that its just a default message. We had the card in hand in about a week.

Not sure if this is the case or not its my experience. 

Message 6 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

When I added my GF to PRG she had 600'ish scores and major derogs. It went pending and took a few days.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.