Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Available Credit Updated” After Payment

tag
JSUB
Valued Member

“Available Credit Updated” After Payment

Why doesn't the second C1 account update available credit once you've paid it online? Just curious if that's an industry thing or just their way? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: “Available Credit Updated” After Payment

@JSUB wrote:

Why doesn't the second C1 account update available credit once you've paid it online? Just curious if that's an industry thing or just their way? 

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't

a whole bunch of factors go into if you get your available credit back instantly or not, what did you mean by "second c1 account"? 

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

2/6, 3/12, 11/24
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to credit cards forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
JSUB
Valued Member

Hi. I have 2 Capital One accounts. I paid them both off but only the first account updated available credit. That's the way it's always been. I just was curious if that was the way other companies worked?

Message 4 of 8
JSUB
Valued Member

Two Capital One Credit cards. Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 5 of 8
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@JSUB wrote:

Hi. I have 2 Capital One accounts. I paid them both off but only the first account updated available credit. That's the way it's always been. I just was curious if that was the way other companies worked?

Eacy one of the financial institutions I have cards with does it different; as for CapOne, when my cards were young (thinking less than six months) there seemed to be a longer latency before the available credit reflected my actual limit minus my outstanding balance.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 6 of 8
FlaDude
Valued Contributor

I don't have any C1 cards, but certainly some of my other cards don't show full available credit until a day or two later when the payment clears.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 7 of 8
MissLiz
Established Contributor

I have three Capital One cards, 2 personal and 1 business. My business card only updates available credit once the payment has cleared. If I make a payment on a personal card, the available credit updates immediately, unless I have a previous payment waiting to clear. 

Basically, they will update your availability after one payment immediately, but any additional payments will wait to make that credit available once the initial payment clears, IME. 

“A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.