Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Sign Up Bonus Question

tag
300FICOScore
Valued Member

U.S. Bank Sign Up Bonus Question

I was wondering how long it  takes for USB to post sign up bonuses after the minimum spend requirement is met. If you have any experience, I would appreciate the DPs.

I plan on applying for the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect in 2 months and collecting the SUB if I am approved. The only issue is that the value of points drops September 9, 2024 and I don't want this to affect me. I plan to pay my college tuition with the card, but I might choose not to apply for it if it takes long for the SUB to post since I will likely pay my tution in mid-August, and I'm not confident that I will be approved (no relationship with USB and new credit profile -> AAoA is 7-8 months and AoOA IS 10-11 months). I feel like my only hope is recon, but I have been seeing a lot of DPs of USB loosening up on approvals.

8 REPLIES 8
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Sign Up Bonus Question

It is not immediate. I met the SUB condition early while it took around 4 months after opening the CC to receive it.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@300FICOScore wrote:

I was wondering how long it  takes for USB to post sign up bonuses after the minimum spend requirement is met. If you have any experience, I would appreciate the DPs.

I plan on applying for the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect in 2 months and collecting the SUB if I am approved. The only issue is that the value of points drops September 9, 2024 and I don't want this to affect me. I plan to pay my college tuition with the card, but I might choose not to apply for it if it takes long for the SUB to post since I will likely pay my tution in mid-August, and I'm not confident that I will be approved (no relationship with USB and new credit profile -> AAoA is 7-8 months and AoOA IS 10-11 months). I feel like my only hope is recon, but I have been seeing a lot of DPs of USB loosening up on approvals.

On all four of my accounts SUB was awarded when statement closed (after meeting sub).

Message 3 of 9
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@300FICOScore wrote:

On all four of my accounts SUB was awarded when statement closed (after meeting sub).

Agreed.  After meeting the minimum spend requirements, all 3 of my SUBs were also awarded when the statement closed.

Oct 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 37 yrs | AoYRA: less than 1 yr | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 9
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

I agree, us b connect pays right away.  They track where you are in making the $2000 spend in their app. Mine seemed to post right away, but it might have been after the next account posting. Certainly didn't wait the 120 day period allowed.

They paid the checking sub quickly too. I collected about 5 weeks after account opening, it took me two or three weeks to Smurf the $10000 direct deposit in. I used the same $5000 twice.

Message 5 of 9
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

You might want to open the us b checking first, they may favor current bank customers for credit card approvals. Here's the link,

https://www.usbank.com/splash/checking/2024-all-market-checking-savings-offer.html

You can get $500 for checking, then another $500 for connect card.

Message 6 of 9
300FICOScore
Valued Member

I wanted to open one, but there are no locations in my state. I was also planning on opening the checking account if I could get approved for the credit card since I know they allow credit card customers to open checking accounts even if they are out of footprint. I will look into opening a sole-prop buisness checking too since I know that is another way to open USB accounts.

Message 7 of 9
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

Good luck.

Message 8 of 9
John-J-Schmidt
Frequent Contributor

For the Cash+ I had met the spend req. before my 1st statement.

Bonus was available the day after 1st statement closed.

"All horizontal surfaces shall soon be filled" "All vertical surfaces shall have horizontal surfaces attached"
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.