Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B OF A CLI Questions

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

B OF A CLI Questions

Been reading on here and other boards about asking for a CLI and I was curious as to some of the responses

I've read people ask online via the link and are either told

1. To call in for verification?

2. Instantly approved?>

3. Counter offered

4. or given the 7-10 message

5. or would they instantly decline?

I realize it's usually a HP and one should wait about every 6 months or so I've read.  I had my B of A cash rewards card since Aug 2012 and was given a CLI in Feb 2013 to what I'm currently at 3k.  The only reason I'm asking for a CLI is because, they are offering a 0% offer till Jan 2015 and I don't want to kill my utilization by maxing it out or coming close.  It's currently paid off with a 0/3000 balance.   Their prequal site suggested 4 cards all with 0% financing, so I could of taken a hit for new card or just CLI my current card.  Not that it should matter, but I'm also an AU on a 25,000 sig card with B of A.

What are you experiences with the numbered items above -- Thanks

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: B OF A CLI Questions

@fedxboy wrote:

Been reading on here and other boards about asking for a CLI and I was curious as to some of the responses

I've read people ask online via the link and are either told

1. To call in for verification?

2. Instantly approved?>

3. Counter offered

4. or given the 7-10 message

5. or would they instantly decline?

I realize it's usually a HP and one should wait about every 6 months or so I've read.  I had my B of A cash rewards card since Aug 2012 and was given a CLI in Feb 2013 to what I'm currently at 3k.  The only reason I'm asking for a CLI is because, they are offering a 0% offer till Jan 2015 and I don't want to kill my utilization by maxing it out or coming close.  It's currently paid off with a 0/3000 balance.   Their prequal site suggested 4 cards all with 0% financing, so I could of taken a hit for new card or just CLI my current card.  Not that it should matter, but I'm also an AU on a 25,000 sig card with B of A.

What are you experiences with the numbered items above -- Thanks

It's one of those YEMV situations.  You can request the CLI online, via phone or chat.  It all depends on your current profile, income and other factors.

There can be instances where it can be approved on the spot (HP for the most part, unless the account met the SP elegibility), or countered or not approved.  If not approved then you have the option to leave it as is or you can contact their U/W department to determine if you can appeal the decision.  Only way to find out is when you request the CLI.  No experience will be the same for all.

Message 2 of 5
creditballer
Regular Contributor

FYI
Pushed the love button and applied for a CLI on my BofA Signature Visa...its been a year since opened w/$5k limit. I asked for and received a CLI of $5k...now $10k! It cost me an inquiry (well worth it)...but my Karma scored jumped 15pts to 769! 800 here I come Smiley Happy

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 5
JeffM
Contributor

@creditballer wrote:
FYI
Pushed the love button and applied for a CLI on my BofA Signature Visa...its been a year since opened w/$5k limit. I asked for and received a CLI of $5k...now $10k! It cost me an inquiry (well worth it)...but my Karma scored jumped 15pts to 769! 800 here I come Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 4 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Very Sweet!

Congratulations!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.