Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Store Card Question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB Store Card Question...

So last week I clicked on the Luv Button for CLI, declined and that I will receive a letter in the mail.  Got the letter today and the reason I was declined is because I reached the maximum limit for my card and I can't have any more increase.  The CL of this card is a whopping $800.00 Smiley Very Happy and I always paid in full.  Not sure if I should close it or just wait till it transfer to Capital One next year? 

Thanks for your response.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB Store Card Question...

i got the same card and my limit was $600 from day one when i got it and i requested CL last week  and they told me i reached the maxium for this card lol .so i guess the maxium is 800 not 600Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Smug
Established Contributor

Ditto for me at 500.00
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 8
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I remember reading posts here a few years ago that the Best Buy card has two tier levels, a plan A and a plan B to which plan A grows with good cli's and plan B doesn't.

Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

$800???  that seems really low considering their prices!

Message 5 of 8
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@moonman wrote:

I remember reading posts here a few years ago that the Best Buy card has two tier levels, a plan A and a plan B to which plan A grows with good cli's and plan B doesn't.

I think this is correct. 

Message 6 of 8
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Most definitely correct. 

I had the BBRZMC (Gold) for two years.  No AF but starting limit of $400 and after two years maxed at $500.  I asked one last time for a CLI, no.  So I closed the account and app'd for the regular BB Store card a couple months later.  Approved for $1200, requested CLI 1 month later and bumped to $1700.  So there are definitely different tiers for the Best Buy cards. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes if you are on a plan B and you fix all the issues on your credit when you got B, you just need to close it, wait 60 days and apply again.

Same with MasterCard, back when they gave to anyone breathing with a nice $100 CL, one poster had his Gold at $300 or $500 for a year or something and he applied for a pre-approval platinum and instantly got approved for 6k... you don't hear it happen often but it's possible.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.