Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Spectrum Travel card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T Spectrum Travel card

Has anyone in this group used or heard about the BB&T spectrum travel card? If so, i see the basic info they have online but would love to hear your experience. Thank you 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T Spectrum Travel card

I was actually just approved for this card about a month ago. Was given a $5500 SL, just activated it a few days ago. It also reports as a Flexible Spending Account. When I applied I totally overlooked the AF of $89 a year first year is free. Not the greatest rewards but BB&T are known to give generous limits and was really a cushion for UTI. Will probably be only used a few times a year then will probably product change it after the first year.

Message 2 of 6
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

When I applied for my Cash Rewards, all 3 were no AF and I planned on getting the travel later. When I was considering going back for it, the AF had been added. I'm not sure about BB&T's exact policy on PC, but I would talk to your banker about it ahead of time since they are also going through a merger and we have no idea what might change.

Congratulations on the approval 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@FalconSteve wrote:

When I applied for my Cash Rewards, all 3 were no AF and I planned on getting the travel later. When I was considering going back for it, the AF had been added. I'm not sure about BB&T's exact policy on PC, but I would talk to your banker about it ahead of time since they are also going through a merger and we have no idea what might change.

Congratulations on the approval 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈

Unfortunately, BB&T nor SunTrust have the option to PC any of their CCs.  A banker typically has not much weight on those CC policies either.  It could be possible, although still unknown, once the Truist merger is fully complete and CC products assessed, there might be such an option.

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

A meh travel card.. Certainly alot better cards out in my opinion that have no AF compared to this one.  Granted this one can be obtained for a SP through pre-qual, but still get the new account hit and nothing really special about this card other than i think as only 2% on travel, but get TSA credit if needed.  NO AF for first year, but AF there after.. I personally think youl would be better off with a discover miles that is 3% for first year on ANYTHING or a 2% card with a sign-up bonus, etc... Or go for a "real" travel card such such as Citi, Chase, etc card.. Lackluster imho.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's cool...great info...I was just approved for it and will use. BB&T needs near perfect credit to get their cards even though they don't come with great perks..

@Anonymous wrote:

I was actually just approved for this card about a month ago. Was given a $5500 SL, just activated it a few days ago. It also reports as a Flexible Spending Account. When I applied I totally overlooked the AF of $89 a year first year is free. Not the greatest rewards but BB&T are known to give generous limits and was really a cushion for UTI. Will probably be only used a few times a year then will probably product change it after the first year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.