Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass NBA Card- Conversion **UPDATE**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Compass NBA Card- Conversion **UPDATE**

I have some updates to share for those members that have this card and would like to keep it ( after all there is no annual fee).

Effective July 1 2017, this card will be converted to a regular Amex with a BBVA Compass logo ( NBA is going away). The card number will remain the same, but the expiration date and the code will change. You will keep the same opening date.  The new cards will be arriving in the new two months.

The online payment www.bbvacompass.com/creditonline will be shut down soon, so I will recommend to members to call during business hours to set up an online payment on their regualr website www.bbvacompass.com.

This is not a suprise because the online payment was dedicated for online payment for NBA card holders.

I am planning to keep mine, no annual fee and $30K is very appealing to my taste.... Smiley Wink

*************UPDATE**********take a sneak peek at the new card...

bbva compass.jpg

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass NBA Card- Conversion

Thanks for the update, not sure I'll keep mine, but then again no AF, nice credit line and moderate APR.... I just don't use it much Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the update! I'll definitely be keeping mine. $19.5k and 10% APR..not easy to find.

No reason for me not to keep it. 

Message 3 of 34
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I had to sign up for the triple double rewards site again, before I coudl redeem points.

And their site still doesnt accept external bank account numbers that are relatively long, so i'm still limited in how I can pay. Ah well, hopefull I can be done with it all in a few days.

Do we know if the new cards will have rewards? Will it be the Clearpoints card, or some generic card?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 34
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Thanks for the update! I'll definitely be keeping mine. $19.5k and 10% APR..not easy to find.

No reason for me not to keep it. 

Mine is $15k and 12.24%, not really a keeper but I'll wait and see what happens.

Total $443,800
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

The online payment site may be going away (or not?) but it isn't unique to the NBA card. I have clearpoints and use it. 

An Amex card holds my interest. Will be looking out for it.

Message 6 of 34
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Has anyone tried combining credit limits from 2 BBVA credit cards into just one?

Total $443,800
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have some updates to share for those members that have this card and would like to keep it ( after all there is no annual fee).

Effective July 1 2017, this card will be converted to a regular Amex with a BBVA Compass logo ( NBA is going away). The card number will remain the same, but the expiration date and the code will change. You will keep the same opening date.  The new cards will be arriving in the new two months.

The online payment www.bbvacompass.com/creditonline will be shut down soon, so I will recommend to members to call during business hours to set up an online payment on their regualr website www.bbvacompass.com.

This is not a suprise because the online payment was dedicated for online payment for NBA card holders.

I am planning to keep mine, no annual fee and $30K is very appealing to my taste.... Smiley Wink

Thanks for the update Mia.

I bank with them, so I've had the online payment option through their account already, plus I can make payments using the BBVA wallet also.  I plan to keep the card also.

Message 8 of 34
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thank You so much for bringing us up to speed on this new transition.

Glad we can keep the account and continue as usual with the new cc.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I had to sign up for the triple double rewards site again, before I coudl redeem points.

And their site still doesnt accept external bank account numbers that are relatively long, so i'm still limited in how I can pay. Ah well, hopefull I can be done with it all in a few days.

Do we know if the new cards will have rewards? Will it be the Clearpoints card, or some generic card?

I did not get all the details, but after 7/1 they will be able to give us more info about the new structure.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.