Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Friendly Cards

tag
william23
Regular Contributor

BK Friendly Cards

Hello Everyone,

Couple of questions I just called the bankruptcy line for the nevada district and my fiancee's bankruptcy was discharged yesterday. Question is number do I have to wait for the letter or I can have her apply and start building her credit.

Also what are some of the Bk friendly cards???

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK Friendly Cards

That soon out of bankruptcy, there are few, if any that will approve. It'll take a few weeks or so for her credit reports to update. Wait a few weeks and get a secured card from a CU. After 6 months of payment history, then go for a few BK friendly cards.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap1

HSBC (Household, Orchard, Best Buy Reward Zone)

Juniper/Barclays

Merrick

PenFed

Navy

Alliant

*PSECU

Edited to add PSECU

Message 3 of 6
william23
Regular Contributor

Update:!!!!!

Orchard Platinum Approved $300.00

Capital One Approved $750.00

Thanks!!!!! Jausanka

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

$750 with Cap1 right out of the gate after BK? **bleep**? It's been almost a year since mine I was just approved for $500 with Cap1 rewards card after rebuilding already with an auto loan and First Premier! Grrr...

But congrats to her, seriously. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@william23 wrote:

Thanks!!!!! Jausanka

My Pleasure! Glad my bad experiences in credit could help someone else out.  I don't know if you have ever seen those motivational posters where they have a nifty picture and some inspiring catch phrase beneath... but there is a series of "Demotivators" as well, all in a sarcastic tone.. and this situation reminds me of one in particular (and if I was html savvy, maybe I could even post a picture of it):

Shows a picture of the Titanic sinking...

"Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others"

;-)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.