Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Credit Card question

tag
dpride86
Regular Contributor

BOA Credit Card question

Hi,

I have been looking into applying for a bank of america credit card and wanted to know if they are hard to get? What credit score is needed to be considered?

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Credit Card question

@dpride86 wrote:

Hi,

I have been looking into applying for a bank of america credit card and wanted to know if they are hard to get? What credit score is needed to be considered?

Check www.whogavemecredit.com for some comparisons. 

You can also Google "credit pulls database" for the site of which we may not speak and do the same thing.  They have a comprehensive comparison database. 

Message 2 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

Do you have a banking relationship with them? 

Message 3 of 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@dpride86 wrote:

Hi,

I think you have a decent chance for approval with those scores. It's all going to come down to how much revolving history you have and util %.

They pulled EX for me and I was countered the partially secured 99/500 cash rewards card (which has sense unsecured). But at that time I didn't have any revolving history. So if you have at least a year of revolving history and low util then I would say your chances are good. I would suggest a clean report as well, no baddies, but YMMV

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 5
lithium78
Established Contributor

I got a BoA Cash Rewards 1% card which they PCed to a 123 Cash Rewards card after six months.  When I applied, I had a EX of 650 with about twenty old baddies, but I also had a banking relationship with them that went back a few years with over $20,000 in my BoA savings account so that may have influenced their decision.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.