Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Recon Number

tag
SoonerMagic1
Established Member

BOA Recon Number

Time to repay a little of what I've learned on this forum.  Another forum member, DesertLife, posted an excellent summary of the BOA recon process below.  Just went through it myself although unfortunately not with the same outcome.  I did, however, get the number straight to the recon department which will bypass the screening CSR's that you have to talk to if you call the number posted in the other thread.  The direct recon number is 866-865-7839.  It won't change the ultimate outcome but will save you a few minutes of your life ... good luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-win-B-of-A-recon-call/m-p/1854135#M515879

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BOA Recon Number

Message 2 of 3
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Recon Number

I know this is an older post, but just wanted to say I got an instant denial on a BOA Better Balance Rewards card. I know my profile is good enough for the card, but waited until I got the denial letter in the mail to call. It said my Experian was 736.

My reasons for denial were listed as:

1. length of time accounts has been established

2. proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high

3. too many inquiries last 12 months

4. time since most recent account opening is too short.

I will admit, all the reasons stated do have some merit. Anyways, I called the number the OP posted to get to a credit analyst to review my app. A pleasant gentleman answered the phone and he couldn't understand why the computer registered my application as an instant denial. He asked some questions that I had answered on the app such as length of time at job. He opened up the app again and manually approved me for $10,000. I am not sure if they had to pull another credit report or not, but for $10,000 I will take an inquiry if need be.

Just wanted to post and say thanks to the OP for the number and that recon works Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.