09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BOA Rocks!!!

Message 11 of 29
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats! This should make you feel much better!

Thanks!! Yes it does! I never called back for the 3rd recon with Chase. I could not believe that Boa did all this. I learned on these forums that it never hurts to call and ask. I thought about asking Chase to use the same pull from the CSP app and see if my Freedom could be upgraded to Signature but I doubt they will even entertain the thought. For whatever reason, Chase is just stingy with me. Boa, Amex & Citi amaze me with our relationships but Chase just don't have any love for me (yet! Cat Tongue)

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 12 of 29
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I just got this card.  the limit will NOT show.  it is actually why I am considereing getting my sig changed to a non sig version.  I am waiting to see how it affects my score over the next few months.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 13 of 29
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Just curious, why would you not want the limit to show? Is it because it will hit utility?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 14 of 29
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! And if you hadn't posted this, I wouldv'e thought Bank of America  a strange one indeed.  In my case, when I applied for the unsecured I got denied, and then when I applied for the secured, I got pulled twice, for a total of 3 hard pulls showing on my credit report.  I was told that in order for them to update their records on a  fraud alert I had placed nearly 7 years ago they would need to do another hard pull.  4 hard pulls for one bank?  Are they kidding me?  No thank you.  Quite disappointing, since out of all my checking accounts, I pass the most amount of funds through them.  I don't know whether to swallow it or scorn it; I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and I don't have a credit card.  If I happen to secure a card with one of my other banks I will be moving the brunt of my activity through that bank. Bank of America just was my first choice.

Reading your post gives me some hope that it could be worthwhile if I follow it through, but 4 inquires? Really Bank of America?  I understand 2 at most, not 4!

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

I'm sure they do not need to pull another hard inquiry. I would give them a call, maybe try this number: 1-866-421-8153

If that fails, talk to your personal banker and let him contact the credit department. 

Most people on this board have positive experience with Bank of America. It's all about talking to the right person.

For others who are considering building/rebuilding credit with BofA, if you apply for a non-secured card and get denied, wait for 1-2 weeks to see if they offer you a partially secured card. Applying for the secured card more than 1 day after the non-secured card will guarantee a second inquiry. A recon call may result in a third inquiry if you are not careful. 

Message 16 of 29
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Thank you HiLine.  Looking at my scenario, I went into my local branch and applied with a rep. just under 2 weeks from my unsecured denial.  From what you said, it almost sounds like a no win situation-you get hit with a hard pull on the first try, and then you get hit again if you wait a day to try the second option, yet you should really wait 2 weeks to see what they offer, and if no offer, you do the hard pull for a secured...

Le sigh.  All I want is to start the road to responsibility without having to go through...Capital One (shudder).  I shall try that number first, then return to my branch and have a mgr. try for me.  I'd hate to give up so easily on this, but I must be smart about this as well, you know?

Message 17 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

Sorry to hear about your frustrating situation. I know I could've given up in that scenario had I not frequented this board. Give it a try; you have nothing to lose at this point. In the grand scheme of things, these first inquiries don't matter (I assume 2 inquiries were on Experian and 1 on TransUnion). The first card is all that matters, and from then on your credit journey will be smooth sailing. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 29
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

They sure were! 2 on Experian and one on Transunion Smiley Happy.  Does it matter what time I call that number?  Dying to call right now, but it's a little after 1am EST and don't want to botch things up if there's a science to this...

Message 19 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

The first card is all that matters, and from then on your credit journey will be smooth sailing. Smiley Happy

Right, no one wants to be the "first" one.  

Banks have this "pioneers" get slaughtered mentality, and would much rather follow after the way has been paved.  They all fall in line, once you get a TL or two, some positive history, and show you can handle credit.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.