Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA secured card came today! And..

tag
Nola_Bee
Contributor

BOA secured card came today! And..

Received my BOA secured card today! I'm so happy! I've never been so excited about going to the gas station (I'm going tomorrow morning, lol!) ..I plan to only use it for gas and pay it off monthly to establish a good payment history.

I also read here that BOA likes to see multiple payments per cycle when determining graduation.. So I will be doing that in conjuction with keeping utilization at or below 9%.

This card is merely a vehicle for me to rebuild & establish credit.. so there will be no frivolousness going on. No sir.

AND..  some may interested in the preapproval I received from Shop NBC.. check out that thread here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Shopping-cart-trick-ShopNBC/td-p/2508701

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BOA secured card came today! And..

@Nola_Bee wrote:

Received my BOA secured card today! I'm so happy! I've never been so excited about going to the gas station (I'm going tomorrow morning, lol!) ..I plan to only use it for gas and pay it off monthly to establish a good payment history.

I also read here that BOA likes to see multiple payments per cycle when determining graduation.. So I will be doing that in conjuction with keeping utilization at or below 9%.

This card is merely a vehicle for me to rebuild & establish credit.. so there will be no frivolousness going on. No sir.

AND..  some may interested in the preapproval I received from Shop NBC.. check out that thread here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Shopping-cart-trick-ShopNBC/td-p/2508701

Great attitude congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Thank you kindly @myjourney

I've been down that road.. and I dont care to travel there again.

Message 3 of 9
creditmadness

Congratz on the secured card! This one was my first too!!! I can understand the excitement you are feeling. :-)))

Message 4 of 9
Nola_Bee
Contributor

THANK U SO MUCH!

@creditmadness wrote:

Congratz on the secured card! This one was my first too!!! I can understand the excitement you are feeling. :-)))

Message 5 of 9
JasonKR
Regular Contributor

Congrats! that was my first card too!

Received pre-approved from Discover after gardening for 4~5 month, good luck!

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 6 of 9
essexjet
Contributor

Congrats Nola_Bee

Just remember its a marathon...not a sprint.  Keep your game plan and you will see the result soon Smiley Happy

2/21/19 Fico's: EQ 651 - TU 666 - EXP 670
4/4/19 Fico's: EQ 744 - TU 763 - EXP 758

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 7 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and good luck on your new journey!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Nola_Bee wrote:

Congrats, though BOFA doesn't really care regarding multiple payments in both my and other's experience: they graduate so regularly anyway it's no big deal.  BOFA's actual bugaboo is they really like PIF, and if you at some point float a balance, expect that to come up in the graduation discussion if you have to have it with them.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.