Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Checks galore

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

BT Checks galore

Is everyone else receiving balance transfer checks from basically all their lenders?  I have never gotten this many BT checks from basically all my lenders before.  It is crazy.. You would think it would be after the holidays not before the holidays .  It is crazy getting a few lenders sending me them weekly for the last month and a half.  Had two lenders with checks in the mail today alone.  Never seen anything quite like this before.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BT Checks galore

Since you have so many, just make a few out to me (so they don't go to waste). Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 49
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I have not noticed an uptick, but I'm used to getting them constantly.  Some lenders send twice a week for the same card!  Chase (including on my CSR LOL), Discover, and Bank of America are always the most consistent/persistent for me.

Did you have higher balances reporting the past few months than usual?  Maybe the did a SP AR and thought you could use a hand paying those cards down?  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Today was 5/3 and Synonvous last week was BofA and Citi (i think), prior week was PenFed and has been more shrug.  I am carrying 2k balance on 0% atm, nothing huge.. Just a weird time for me is all and debt has gone down alot this year as paid off alot of the 0%, etc..So not really profitable to them persay or such a small amount.  Just strange as expect it would be jan/feb time frame shrug.  

Message 4 of 49
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes, but only because I dont need them right now 

Message 5 of 49
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Yes, but only because I dont need them right now 

Smiley LOL  Of course!  That's the way of the credit world.  Show me the person that doesn't need to borrow some money and I'll show you 50 lenders willing to give it to them.

Message 6 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya I need to deposit BT checks with a 3% fee into my bank account like I need a hole in my head.  If I had a sure investment that returned say 10+% I would consider, otherwise heck no

Message 7 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I have not noticed an uptick, but I'm used to getting them constantly.  Some lenders send twice a week for the same card!  Chase (including on my CSR LOL), Discover, and Bank of America are always the most consistent/persistent for me.

Did you have higher balances reporting the past few months than usual?  Maybe the did a SP AR and thought you could use a hand paying those cards down?  Smiley Wink

Yeah. Chase has been really aggressive. Usually get the CSR, FU and Freedom transfer checks in the same mailing. 

Message 8 of 49
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Never get Chase BT checks probably only lender I have that I havent had any bt offers from.  Although Discover out of all lenders no offers/checks

Message 9 of 49
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Is everyone else receiving balance transfer checks from basically all their lenders?  I have never gotten this many BT checks from basically all my lenders before.  It is crazy.. You would think it would be after the holidays not before the holidays

I also get them all year long. 

But I have noticed a few more special financing offers and/or BT checks than usual.  Smiley Happy

Rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.