Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating AMEX BCE??

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Re: Backdating AMEX BCE??

I just called, they said they cannot do it :-(
In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 11 of 33
studiogeek
Valued Member

Re: Backdating AMEX BCE?? Consistently Inconsistent.

edit) CORPORATE to Personal?

Things have changed but it WAS possible.

My Fiance had a corporate card from work. Last october, I had her apply for a personal Amex. I had them backdate her new card from the Biz card. I then had her add me as an AU. I called 3 times and got them to backdate my other Amex cards by the third call. I now have 3 other Amex all with that date but they refuse to backdate the actual AU card I initally asked them to backdate (because it's an AU card). 

(Edit changed biz to corporate)

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 12 of 33
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@studiogeek wrote:

Biz to Personal?

My Fiance had a biz card from work. Last october, I had her apply for a personal Amex. I had them backdate her new card from the Biz card. I then had her add me as an AU. I called 3 times and got them to backdate my other Amex cards by the third call. I now have 3 other Amex all with that date but they refuse to backdate the actual AU card I initally asked them to backdate (because it's an AU card). 

I have seen this before, but Corporate & Biz are different.   

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 13 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

I've had an AMEX corporate card through my job with my name on it since Aug 2012. Will Amex backdate my new BCE to 2012?

Based on policy?  No.  Even if you had a business AmEx that you opened yourself (not issued through your company) business and personal MSD's are separate.

I was able to get my card back dated to my corporate card date with no issues at all....its on the same login account though

Message 14 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Well they put my new BCE on the same login account as my corporate. Will that do it? Amex customer service just linked both of my accounts today.
In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Message 15 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:
Well they put my new BCE on the same login account as my corporate. Will that do it? Amex customer service just linked both of my accounts today.

well I would call back tomorrow or maybe later today and ask them if you can get a new card with the member since date same as your corporate card, doing that it will also change at the credit reporting agencies

Thats the way I did it

Message 16 of 33
studiogeek
Valued Member

"I have seen this before, but Corporate & Biz are different."

My bad. I meant corporate card from work. I edited my reply above.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 17 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@studiogeek wrote:

My Fiance had a corporate card from work. Last october, I had her apply for a personal Amex. I had them backdate her new card from the Biz card. I then had her add me as an AU. I called 3 times and got them to backdate my other Amex cards by the third call. I now have 3 other Amex all with that date but they refuse to backdate the actual AU card I initally asked them to backdate (because it's an AU card). 

What phone number did y'all call??? When I call customer service, I get these foreign idiots that cant seem to answer my questions and seem not to have the authority to answer my questions anyway! Anyone?

Now in the garden...
Message 18 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@Hcontreras wrote:

@studiogeek wrote:

What phone number did y'all call??? When I call customer service, I get these foreign idiots that cant seem to answer my questions and seem not to have the authority to answer my questions anyway! Anyone?

I called 1-888-258-3741

Message 19 of 33
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Hcontreras wrote:

@studiogeek wrote:

I called 1-888-258-3741

Thanks!

Now in the garden...
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.