Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdoor Numbers

tag
aneauness

Backdoor Numbers

Hello Forum Community,

I am new to the forum, and am actually supposed to be gardening. Apparently I forgot my gardening hoe, had to leave the garden for a brief moment and instead of returning, I have been on an app spree. I was recently applied and was denied for Citi Thank You Preferred and Barclay's. I was considering calling the backdoor numbers for reconsideration, but was wondering if creditor were able to see if an account is an individual or joint account. I think the denial will be for too many inquires, and of course I am not going to reveal that I have been on an app spree. My reason is to state I am currently separating from my fiance in which we had joint accounts and I want to establish more of my own. FYI...I have been recently approved for a few store cards, Citi Simplicity, and gas cards.

Anyone have any words of suggestion?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Backdoor Numbers

might as well call. Cant hurt

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your break up and I understand the desire to jump while the iron is hot. To answer your question, yes, the lenders can see the responsibility
Message 3 of 6
aneauness

Thanks for the letting me know they can see the responsiblity. I don't really know if I should really call the backdoor number for not having a valid reason for seeking another card with them. I hope to make it back to the garden very soon for an entire year, at least.

Message 4 of 6
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

@aneauness wrote:

Thanks for the letting me know they can see the responsiblity. I don't really know if I should really call the backdoor number for not having a valid reason for seeking another card with them. I hope to make it back to the garden very soon for an entire year, at least.

Well you already applied and took a hit. No harm in asking. If denied, then head to the garden. If approved, head to the garden. Its only a phone call and can be a good one. If its not then you are still in the same position you are in now. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 5 of 6
aneauness

I think I will follow your advice and make the call; the worst thing they can tell me is no verbally. The garden is definitely where I need to be.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.