Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America cli request question

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America cli request question

Waiting the full six months can never hurt. Gives you more history with them.

Has anyone ever gotten more than 2 increases in a year?
Message 11 of 22
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey Bowser was thinking of trying right now but i did notice my TU fico actually has dipped from 700 to 689 recently, thanks in part to an old account falling off my report. Do you think it wise to ask for a cli now seeing as they will see the point drop or perhaps just wait the 3 extra months to have 6 months history and hopefully see my score rise again. Thanks and any other thought very welcome!

Always keep in mind YMMV, but when I got my last two large increases three months apart my TU was right where yours is. BofA is real big on your track record with them. Also, I got three CLI's in a years time, not sure what the max is.

Message 12 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Will definitely keep that in mind. Everyones experience can vary for sure. If i go for it now and they dont approve it i will at least know where i stand and for sure know what i may need to do to get a nicer cli . Will keep everyone posted!
Message 13 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey everyone just tried for my first cli with BOA, seems a no go as it said going to review, could be up to 30 days blah blah etc. Thanks again Bowser for your tip. Im glad it was able to help out CC earlier tonight on his BOA cli. I guess my profile still has alot to work on. I recently tried on my Citi dc too but was denied. These were definitely my last 2 hps i had to give . I got $500 Penfed visa which is my lowest of all cards but thats just gonna have to stay like that for next 2 years as i am officially heading to the garden. 2 years is quite awhile to wait but i want to see big zeros on my credit inquiries next time i apply for something. BEEN FUN!!Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

be smart and apply for cli in couple more months..boa like to see more history...rebuilding take time and a good strategy.if you apply know for cli get about 500/1000 if you apply in couple months 2500/5000 cli.

Message 15 of 22
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I've gotten a 7-10 day message then saw an increase when I logged back in. Not all increases are instant. 

Message 16 of 22
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey everyone just tried for my first cli with BOA, seems a no go as it said going to review, could be up to 30 days blah blah etc. Thanks again Bowser for your tip. Im glad it was able to help out CC earlier tonight on his BOA cli. I guess my profile still has alot to work on. I recently tried on my Citi dc too but was denied. These were definitely my last 2 hps i had to give . I got $500 Penfed visa which is my lowest of all cards but thats just gonna have to stay like that for next 2 years as i am officially heading to the garden. 2 years is quite awhile to wait but i want to see big zeros on my credit inquiries next time i apply for something. BEEN FUN!!Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Hate to hear this but JSS3 has a good point, it may still come back with an increase after review. Also, remember you took a HP for this so don't give up just yet and get aggressive just a bit and call for a recon on the cli! Remember you have 30 days with BofA to use the same HP, just be certain to ask them to use the same pull for the recon. I would wait til Monday and if no increase is granted then I would recon. IME, BofA is great to work with.
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently requested a CLI on my Cash Rewards card, got the 7-10 day message and logged in a couple days later to see that they approved the full amount of my request. I was at 5,400, went to 10,000. I should have asked for more lol
Message 18 of 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Bowzer makes a good point in that you did use a HP, so don't go down easy. You might as well get all you can for it. Use the recon number if need be, before it's all said and done.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey everyone !! Awesome news!. I woke up this morning and noticed my last payment, which i made Friday , posted so i decided to check on my Boa app and lo and behold they DID give me a nice CLI to the tune of $4200 ! Thats a nice 2700 increase!. I did ask for 10,000 as suggested by Bowser, many thanks my friend!. When i did that for my Citi Dc , figuring if im gonna burn a hp ask for more than i think would give, they didnt even counter, " No soup for you!" .lol Smiley Happy

I am very happy with this amount.since it wasnt an instant approval, im not sure if i could have done the trick Bowser recomended about logging out than hitting it again. I still see the button there but have already froze my TU again. I dont want to push it too soon with Boa as it is great to get a cli just 3 months in. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.